My New Quad... different turn that I didnt expect - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 11:28 PM
MXTrackChick

My New Quad... different turn that I didnt expect

Well I went to go look at the quad and it turned out to be a 250x........ I sitll rode it..... I felt perfect on it..... still has the original tires...... frame is perfect.. engine mounts arent cracked, the kick start sticks the tiniest bit....... but it went fast with me....... I'm still going to buy it....... I really dont care if its older...... I'll still be able to be competitive with it while I'm starting out at the track, I actually think that it'll be cool to have something a little different.... and I saw quite a few nice ones with mods....... so.... it ends out totally different than I thought.... never thought Id see the day when I buy an old used quad (tho this one is like freakin CLEAN and in good shape)...... but Im pickin it up tomorrow...... tomorrow evening I will officially be a quad owner!
I dont care if ppl have nasty comments about my decision...... i like the quad, had fun riding it, and it looked awesome......
I even think im gonna do great at the races when i get some good practice in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 11:38 PM
pokie

Re: My New Quad... different turn that I didnt expect

Dont worry about what anyone else thinks about it, just go out and enjoy your new {to you} ride. Have fun.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Old Hand

Congradulations, I liked the way the 91 model looked with the blue fender's. Shouldn't ever have to worry about that one breaking down on you. What kind of deal did he give you? When you get it paid off and are going the mod route www.fourstroketech.com Sounds like its in nice shape, you usually get what you pay for. Take some pictures of it.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 05:11 AM
Old Hand

I have a 350x threewheeler, its in that little pic. www.powroll.com They make kits to put those motor's in your 250x's frame. And they make 26hp stock compared to your 250's 14. That would really make it rip if you could find one of those motor's cheap, you'd be all set. Better gain some wieght, or do some leg presses for your little 100 lb body to start that monster though. Have had mine for a while, never had any problems with it. Can you say power wheelie in almost every gear? It's bored .040 over, has a wiseco 10.25 to 1 compression piston, run the air box open with a uni air filter. Kept the stock exhaust on it to keep it quiet.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 05:42 AM

congrats, surprised you bought that seeing how u were scared of buying a 250r for fear of not liking it, hope u enjoy, go tear some sh!t up!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 09:38 AM
MXTrackChick

It's gonna be a good quad for right now, I should be able to do fairly well on it since I'm light... don't worry me about doing leg presses.... the strongest thing on me are my legs..... pressed about 450 my freshman yr hehehehe... i think i'll be ok kick starting it [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] hehe, I will take pics.... but if anyone has any parts, mods, plastic for sale.... let me know
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 03:41 PM

Congrats. Get the wheels spinnin and the pics posted. Remeber, keep the ruber side down. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 04:53 PM

congrats kara, u go the same quad as me, only diff, is the 250x is has a different crank case, and bore (kick start)... if you need any sudgestions, or advice with the quad just ask, i may do the same [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....after u get the quad cleaned up, try using "gunk" engine cleaner and spray it all over engine and parts then rinse quickly, (dont get on plastics), maybe some plastic renew.... after that look into some tires, depending on where u ride, get 20" rear maxxis razrs (or 22" if u think youll hit stuff) and some front razrs also, then go fro a nice pipe, pro-circut t-4, w/K&N power kit, (jets, filter, outerwear for filter, and filter) and maybe cut some holes in the air box and your ready to roll, alltogether, its around 550$ with tires included, otherwise the pipe and power kit are just together around 350.....it is a nice quad and hope u enjoy, with a little work you can make it shine and run great! no one will say anything about it.....if you have any questions, just ask
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 08:50 PM
MXTrackChick

a lot of ppl have been a really big help with info! i rode it around on some streets here...... it needs a new spark plug... my dad.. no matter how much he didnt want me to get one..... he was tellin me stuff we needed to get from the honda place (couple of bolts, stuff like that nothin big) but for him...... thats a big change...... since he was so against it..... my ride was awesome! well except for it needs a new spark plug bad! but everyone says it will be great for me! and everyones wantin to go ridin with me! i might even hit up a track this weekend!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 09:13 PM
bodgecr250

whats it doing that it need a new plug?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode