IVE HAD IT!! Need a QUICK opinion NOW - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 01:15 PM
MXTrackChick

IVE HAD IT!! Need a QUICK opinion NOW

Ok so Levi calls me last night and says he found a 2000 Banshee for sale for only $1500, the guy broke his leg and just needs quick money thats why it was so cheap.... well of course I get my hopes up and planned on going to look at it tonight but NOOOOOOO then levi calls from work and said some dude already bought it. Then he says that hes sellin an '87 250r with hardly any miles on it... mint condition.. bla bla bla for $2000, which of course I only have $1500 so right away I dont have that money. IM SO SICK OF GETTING MY HOPES UP! Should I even call this dude and see if hed take $1500 and let me pay off the rest???????? I am wary of even lookin at an '87 much less gettin hopes up........ i know its a 250R and all but an '87?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! I dunno bout all that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Old Hand

Re: IVE HAD IT!! Need a QUICK opinion NOW

Never hurts to look, even if you've had bad luck. You could always try to jew him down too. Just make sure you look at the frame, swing arm, shocks, as well as the basic cosmetic stuff most people look at. I'd never buy anything used without taking a little ride and running it through all the gears. Third gear is the most used and would likely be the most worn gear so at least third is a must. Look for just a cheap spray paint job. They may be hiding stuff. Look for overspray's in area's. Check the oil and the antifreeze levels. Ask him when's the last time the oil was changed, and when's the last time the airfilter was cleaned and changed. And of coarse look at the airfilter too. Ask him what premix he used and at what ratio. Should have ohtsu's (tire's) on it, if it don't it got used alot more then everyone say's it has.

What about the 400ex that was in the works?

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 02:13 PM
MXTrackChick

the guy with the 400ex told me in January hed prolly be ready to sell it, well I called him and he said not for another few weeks... so of course... I'm going to look around b/c I dont like how he sorta scooted the date back.... and then also I would be spending $2750 less than on the 400ex... I'm just going to go look at it... the guy said it ran really well and that he put some new stuff on it... tomorrow morning im going to go look at it.......... i just dont know [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 10:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Get the 250.You can talk him into 1500. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 12:56 AM
MXTrackChick

I talked to him and he said he really wanted 2400 but he said the lowest he would go is 2000 firm... but i think my parents are loaning me the money... they said to go look at it and make sure... so i think if i like the quad........ im home free..............
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 02:46 AM
Old Hand

Go 1900 and make sure to check all that stuff I said earlier, and ask him a lot of questions. Oh yeah ask him how many hours he thinks are on it, and the last time he did a compression test.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:57 AM
bodgecr250

i would really really think about buying a 16 year old susuki. joshes friend has an 86lt250 and it seems to break alot. but if u do buy it pull the ignition cover(left side) and make sure there is no oil and that the crank bearings are good n snug.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 10:44 AM
MXTrackChick

the one im lookin at is a honda 250r, which ppl have told me their's have been reliable, ive heard of the suzukis breakin more than the hondas
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 12:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They are reliable, but very expensive to make compedative. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:41 PM

nah, 250r's were competative off the shelf, they say the ltz400 is competative, 250r is faster than that....so WASUP NOW!! lol.. as far as tim's lt250 goes, it's only ever broke once, the steering stem, he decided to barrel roll off of a jump...other than that it's not too bad, his neighbor has an 86 250r that's got an aftermarket pipe on it...and it's pretty much stock other than that and it smokes the LT...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode