which on raptor: holeshot XCT or XCR??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 09:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

which on raptor: holeshot XCT or XCR???

just wondering which tire people like on their raptors??? can't decide between gettin a new set of XCT's or XCR's. or has anyone tried the Pure Sport Bandit XC's on a raptor and liked 'em?? I don't ride in thick mud, but gotta get through it if it's on the trail, no problem. it's mostly hardpack and rocks here. opinions anyone???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 04:31 AM
Old Hand

Re: which on raptor: holeshot XCT or XCR???

Sorry, don't own a raptor. But I have xc's on my banshee. For where your riding hard packed and rocky either one will work fine. I don't like my xc's for thick mud or sand (especialy sand) but the xcr is the tougher heavier built of the two. So if your worried about flats at all I'd go with the xcr's. I think most cross country guy's prefer the xc's because they have a more open patern for the muck and soft stuff they encounter.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 05:05 PM

a tire tht last long and has a awesome grip is the maxxis razrs, it is the lightest tire, so u can really get the full potential out of your machine, itps are awesome to but waer a little quicker and grip a tiny bit more, but maxxis makes the razrs front and back, front catch like mad and so does the rear...in 18, 20 and 22" check them out, otherwise the xct is very heavy tire and only comes in 22" and the xcr is lighter a nd a race type tire but not as wide and 20" so the size and weight is the diff. i wanted 22" tires but didnt want a heavy as hell tire so went with the razrs, they are better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Warrior00

out of the 2 i like the xcts just my opinon had a set on the warrior but i liked my razrs the most... but if u get the razrs get the Razr2's... or try the new holeshot MX forget waht is it called its on atv connection
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 12:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just put 20x11x10 XCRs on Douglas .190 Red Label Rims on my '02 Banshee. Both rears, mounted on the rims, with PJ1 Kevlar Tire Sealent and Chrome Valve Stems for around $160.00 from www.rockymountainatv.com I love em, the hook up very well, seem to work well in the mud, great for hill climbs, and still allow you to easily slide the rear end around. I would highly recommend them. On the fronts I put 21x7x10 Maxxis Razr2's on Douglas .190 Red Labels. Same deal with sealent and chrome valve stems for $200.00. These tires rock.

I may be wrong, but I think the main difference is the size of the tire that is availiable. XCT's are larger diameter than xcrs. This will make your acceleration slower, and top speed slightly higher. I personally think nothing looks worse than oversized tires on a sport quad. Kinda like how gay the stock rear tires look on a Blaster.

Go for the XCR's and Razr2's you can't go wrong
[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:35 PM

razr2's are heavy as hell, jsut go for regular razrs (maxxis)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I don't know about a 300ex, but a Banshee and a 660 Raptor have plenty of power to handle the few extra ounces. Id rather have the piece of mind that my new tires and wheels wont get punctured my first day out. Go for the Rarz2 's which are 6 ply for puncture resistance and have a better tread for high speed turning, and loose terrain. If your going to race mx go with the regular Razr.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 07:25 PM

your tires are going to get punctured!! jeez 6 ply is a lot, they would never get punchered, jsut go for the regular razrs, and my stock tires weighed as much as spider tracks smart a$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode