digital camera help???????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

digital camera help????????

What digital camera is the one to get? I see alot of people on here with large blown up pic's. I wan't one thats reliable and trouble free. This would save me developement time, and I could actually adjust the size of the picture. It hooks up directly to the usb I'm assuming right? Also does anyone actualy have one of these action sports helmet camera's? How durable are they, and how long can you get out of most the tapes. I have an rca and after about 45min the battery goes low or I run out of tape. I'd be worried about the lense getting scratched or damaged while riding in a group of riders. If it held up and you could get at least about 2hr's of film then it would be well worth it.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 08:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: digital camera help????????

check out the Fuji FinePix cams, my brother and a friend both have them. GREAT pics and user friendly. Another friend has a Sony that was like $550 and his has a lesser zoom. I have used both the Fuji's (2600 & 2800 model #'s) and LOVE them. I use a Sony Maivca at work and it's ok but not as good as the Fuji's! Check out my pics I've posted to see the quality. I had to resize to fit in here so normally they are larger and finer quality.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 08:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the old pics are gone now, i guess the admin deleted all old posts before December. So go to the post I just did under Warrior Pipe by Gunner in ATV Performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 09:02 AM
tony1034

I've been shopping for a digital camera too. The Fuji FinePix 2800 or 3800 are really nice cameras. They cost more than many other 2 or 3 mega pixel cameras, but they have a 6x optical zoom (Digital zoom is worthless). Most other cameras have 2x or 3x optical or even none. They take awesome pictures. I'm thinking about the Fuji FinePix S602.

Tony P.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 07:46 PM

i have a Kodak EasyShare CX4230, great camera, decent zoom, nice picture quality, just load the pics up, adjust them on some sort of photoshop if u need to...it was 220 so it wasn't that pricey, and my parents have a Sony FD mavica, i like that more, but they won't let me use that one often, lol, so im gettin used to mine..hhmm....i'll send a pic i took with it...all the pics i took are on the "poorest" picture quality
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990574-3treeice.jpg (80.5 KB, 36 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 07:49 PM

i went with the kodak because it has the docking station for it, which has a 1 button touch to load them onto the computer, and when u buy the docking station it comes with a rechargable battery pack, and the docking station recharges them, with the other cameras u have to keep replacing the double A battery's, and they cannot be alkaline...i like the camera
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I wrote down the names and models and will be looking. Gotta get some picks of my banshee and my xlt (no snow hasn't been rode this year [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]). And josh and tripple e your picks both look good. Much better then the ones I scanned on a while back.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode