who has a raptor? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 04:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

who has a raptor?

ok its my question and ill go 1st.the reason i ask is cuz ever since i started reading on hear all i hear is, here say about the raptor...so what year is your raptor and what problems have u had and what do u like about it..i have an 01 and love it and havent had any problems...and its the first yami i ever bough.i swore by suzuki street bikes all my life seeing i currently own an 02 gsxr 1000 with tons of mods...1st yami and liking it... [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]raptor bashers who have no clue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 06:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: who has a raptor?

i have a 2001 i bought used in november. i had a problem with hte stator right away, but the dealer paid for it. i thought i had a wiring problem, but it turned out that when you take off the parking brake you have to short a sensor or it wont rev right. other than that it's awesome.. i need to change sprockets though, it's way too fast for where i live. i'm goin with 13-41 right now it's 14-40
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 03:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have an 02 Raptor, and I have only had one problem, but I had to take it in two times for them to figure it out, and I think it is ok now. But what it was, was a faulty seal around the shifter shaft or something, and it would leak about 1/4 quart of oil per hour of ride time. bummer, and I noticed it when I checked my oil, (which is often) and took it in as soon as I could. But other than that, it has been a great machine. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 07:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My raptor is all stock 02 black and white raptor. I bought it new in june of 02. I have never had any problems with it and I ride the sh!t out of it. I won't trade it for the world. Ok maybe a Z06 corvette. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 991614-dsc_013.jpg (85.3 KB, 12 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a 01 raptor and race it quite frequently the only problem i have had was a normal one, i cooked the clutch in a race that was really muddy, i tried to compensate by using a set of realtor tires but all the mud was a bit much and my clutch started slipping by the end of the race, other than that i wouldnt trade my bike for anything, even a corvette [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 03:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I hope they are as good as they sound couse i get my 2 '03 raptors this weekend. Since we have 6 months ++ of winter cold and i cant ride my gsxr600 i need my fix. Every since we got rid of our other quads when i hurt my back i been missing them hella. I just hope they aint all hype. They seem to be built of cheep parts imo. Kinda worries me. [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] *shrugs* Still i cant wait till next weekend. Did you guys have to do a 12+ hour break in? [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 09:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bought my 01 raptor in December and I've had absolutely no problem. The guy before me burnt out a clucth due to a factory defect. I like it alot better than my old warrior and my buddies 400ex wouldn't trade for anything but a new one [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 06:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check on the '03 pikes peak race. Raptor, FOUR STROKE , was there baby.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 02:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ive got an 03 raptor with full fmf titanium system,did x-ring chain,dg alloy front and back modified air box,100% synthetic oil.ive had it since may and no problems at all.
goes like stink and cant get enough. j
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 02:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nice too see all have had good luck so far....i hope i do lol... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode