A poll - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

View Poll Results: Which quad?
Banshee, no hop ups just stock until im ready 0 0%
honda 300ex buy pipe first day and a jet kit and nerfs 6 28.57%
honda 400ex keep stock for a while then hop ups 2 9.52%
blaster, supe up and deck it out 2 9.52%
warrior, deck it hella out 4 19.05%
honda 250ex, god it looks sucky but w/e 6 28.57%
raptor 0 0%
predator 0 0%
suzuki z400 with hop ups 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 11:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

A poll

Ok this poll is for the best beginner quad for a 13 year old 128 pound 5'6" man (ME!)

re <font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 12:03 PM
bodgecr250

Re: A poll

i wonder if this kid has even been on a quad before? [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 12:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color="blue">all of those quads except the "really sucky lookin" 250ex would throw you to the ground, stock or not. you're short, young, and weigh 128 pounds...PLUS you're a beginner! you wouldn't even fit on those hi-perf wheelers! get the 250ex, learn to ride it, then when you can touch the pegs get a 300ex </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 12:45 PM

ya dude really go for the 250ex, but a pro circut t-4 pipe on it and K&amp;N jet kit, and filter, and use it for a while then sell it for bigger better things, there not much money, very realiable, and great for beginners, ya there not fast as hell but a ot of fun and can get u places, i rode one myself, and there really not to bad, and with the mods above it would be fun and u could kepp it for a while, then sell it [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 01:33 PM
MXTrackChick

sorry a bit long.. couldnt help it when i saw this

I've ridden a 2002 250ex... and I'm 5'6", 98 lbs, almost 18 yrs, and I'm not a beginner, I've ridden quite a few different quads in the past few years (sport and utility 4x4s) from Raptors &amp; Banshees, to Foremans and Prairies. I liked the 250ex and I have ridden for a while, one of my friends had one and he was 16 or 17 at the time (it got stolen about 4 months ago.. when they found it it was trashed) and he had a lot of fun doin all sorts of stuff on it, he was even going to race it. He's about my height but he doesnt weigh as little as I do and he got along with it great b/c he was a beginner then. Now he's lookin for a 400ex after he's had some experience. Also, I would give anything to have the "sucky" looking quad u describe... I've been stuck with an '88 125Fourtrax thats plastic is rivetted together with metal underneath the fenders, the headlight is in place with electrical tape, the front tires are bald, theres no suspension in it, and the frames bent up bad.. you let go of the handlebars and it goes veering to the right. I would consider you VERY lucky to be able to get a BRAND NEW quad. I'm doin good to maybe get this 400ex if the guy won't quit changin his mind.. and its a used one........b/c my parents wouldnt ever help out and cosign a loan with me, but I don't care, I just love ridin and racin. So I'm still hangin in there and finding a way to get a quad, what I've been wanting since I was a little kid in 7th grade.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 02:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: sorry a bit long.. couldnt help it when i saw this

I am 5'8" and weigh 125lbs, 19 yrs, I only learned to drive a couple years ago, and I learned on a crappy ol' 250ex and I wouldn't have chose to learn any other way. I recommend the 250ex because at 13 and a beginner you probably couldnt handle anything bigger..... and use discretion when riding, dont be a spoiled rich kid who buys a new wheeler and doesnt even know where the oil goes.... Theres a lot to know about up keep and maintenance, you can really screw yourself over by wrecking your wheeler due to not knowing how to probably drive and care for it....

These things are so cool.... [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok well, ur all saying a 250ex and stuff but the bottom line is i dont want that, dont ask why i just dont, and im not spoiled rotten my parents are paying 500 dollars outta the quad im paying the rest.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 10:10 AM

If you dont want to listen to what people are saying then dont ask for our opinions. Everyone is talking from experience. You on the other hand have none. Dont expect to come back here in 4 months talking about not riding any-good or being able to keep up with others or even that you broke your leg. Just because you get a 400ex (or whatever else) doesn't mean you will keep up with everyone that has one. [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 02:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ya, there all right...unless you can be wasting money buying two quads...unlike me. That why i think you should pick a 300ex or a warrior...if your new, a warrior and ex are going to be very fast to you. I haved plantey of new, and nevery riden a quad before get on my warrior, and they always wheelie the damit thing. and say: "damit, that thing fast has [bleep]". And for a new person...it is.

you should due what i did. buy a ex or warrior...dont be stupit on it... and have fun.

ps... a warrior can top off almost at 60 mph...for a quad...that pretty dam fast.(raptor does about 85 i think...ya, you will kill your self on that..people have...no joke) and your only 13, i highly think you every went that fast in any vechile. People who talk about 300ex and warriors that say there slow to them..have being riding quads for a good amount of time.
[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 06:30 PM

ya i agree, with him, go fro the blaster, (which i dont really like) 300ex or warrior, warrior tops out at 60-63, and the raptor about 75, no quad stock does above 80, moto does like 78 or 79, even those 2 quads are very fast, do what i did and every other damn person in this entire site did, start with something small and easy and move to bigger and better things, and unless u borrow a freinds clutch quad, that might be a little bigger, and practice, i would not consider buying anythin else than the 250ex, or the z250, or kasea 250?? my .02 cents, and josh will come on hear telling you a story of his freind dieing becasue of being a beginner and going to fast on a 250ex, now that is bad, learn the right way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode