Where to ride in South Jersey - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 07:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where to ride in South Jersey

I am just looking for places to ride and people to ride with. Preferrably where the cops don't bother you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 09:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Where to ride in South Jersey

let me know i am also looking for a place <font color="red"> </font color>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where are you from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 01:23 PM
tony1034

I'm in central NJ, near Six Flags Great Adventure. Very close to the Pine Barrens and Jackson Gravel Pitt. I usually ride around there. My 400ex is registered and insured for both peace of mind and proof of ownership (they can't take your bike). I've never ran into trouble, nor do others in my development. We have about 20 adult bikes and 5 youth ATVs in my development (mostly less than one year old). You can also ride down in Chatsworth. You have to pay a daily fee, or if you ride there often, a yearly fee. I've never been there, but I think they have like 3-4 tracks and a bunch of trails. I also ride at one of the neighbors farms. It has a 5/8 mile oval dirt track.

Where are you guys from? What are you riding gjs32?

Tony
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 08:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in Vineland, about an hour from Six Flags. I heard about Chatsworth, but I heard they are very strict about protection. I just need to find out what the require. I am in the process now of registering and insuring my bike and my wifes. I have an 01 400EX and she has an 03 Blaster.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 12:12 PM
bodgecr250

tony whenb you want your quad or dirtbike registered do u need a drivers license? im 14 and it would be nice to ride w/o worrying about having my cr impounded. could my father get it registered on his name and me ride it? or would it be a waste bec they would take it neway?(bec im 14)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 01:10 PM
tony1034

My guess is that you would need a driver's license to register and insure it. If you didn't, you'd probably still have to be 16. But your dad can certainly register it and insure it. Although I'm not quite sure what would happen lets say if the cops stopped you, or some park rangers. I'll ask around and get back to you.

Tony
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 01:13 PM
tony1034

Jason,

I believe they require helmet and chest protector. I'm not sure about the boots. Anyone that rides hard will tell you to have them all plus a kidney belt and neck collar. I'm still shopping for all my riding gear.

Tony
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 07:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have boots and a helmet, but I need a chest protector and kidney belt. I am looking around still. I don't think I will ever ride without boots anymore.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 AM
tony1034

I think Chatsworth is also known as NJORVP. MxTrackChick said they have a website .. will look for it in a bit and see what info they have. I only have a helmet and gloves. I've been shopping for boots (need them badly) and will pick up a chect protector and kidney belt too. As for the neck collar I see racers wearing a lot, I don't have a clue as to where to find them. But I'd like to get one. I'm 32 years old and I never thought I was getting old or felt it. I used to work out and will start again soon, but when I ride and hit some jumps, I can really feel it on my lower legs and neck.

Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode