Raptor Carb/Electrical Problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 05:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor Carb/Electrical Problem

<font color="blue"> when i start my raptor up, it will idle just fine, but when i give it gas, the motor bogs down and will stall itself.. it happened all of a sudden one day, so i think the problem's somewhere in the wiring, but it could be the carb too i guess... anyone know where to start? thanks
Puke:</font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 07:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Raptor Carb/Electrical Problem

Is your parking brake on? If the brake is on, it will never rev correctly. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 11:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how can i tell if it's on? i took it off and put a block off plate on... is there a sensor somewhere that i might've triggered? I've never heard of a parking brake doing anything like that.. is it a raptor thing? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Its probably something in the carb, I had the same problem with my warrior, thought it was electrical and it was simply something stuck in the carb.

Everyone should install a fuel filter, helps keep [bleep] out of the carb.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color="blue">that's what i thought originally, so me and a friend took the carbs off and apart to clean them. but me bein the dumbass i am sprayed carb cleaner on the rubber gaskets and the rubber things around the needle, distorting their shape. when we went to put it back together it just wouldn't line up right, so now the carbs leak gas like you wouldn't believe. so i have to spend around 50 bucks now to replace that sh*t, and i'm not even sure if it did anything. that's why i posted to see if anyone knew if it could be somethin in the wiring... i dont know anything about raptors really.. i've had mine for about 50 days and have only ridden it twice. i just cant get it right. thanks for the tip though [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] </font color>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 06:27 PM

when you put the parking brake block off on did you plug the wires that go into the perch together? if not this may be what it is
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color="blue"> no, like i said, i dont know much about raptors yet.. i didnt even know there were electrical wires goin to the parking brake... when i get the carbs fixed and get it started i'll play around with that. i really think you're right because we put a twist throttle on, and it was running fine. then we put on a new shifter and then the parking brake block off, and after that it started messin up. i never thought about the pbrake doin it though. thanks so much, you saved me a trip to the dealer! </font color> [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

not that anyone probaby cares, but when i taped off the parking break sensor my problem was instantly fixed. i would've never guessed that a parking brake could act like a rev limiter, but i'm glad someone did! thanks alot for the help guys
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 12:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good to hear that it was cause of the parking break...
Glad we could help. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode