which quad for me man? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

which quad for me man?

ok, i am 13, 134 lbs, 5'5", and have no experiance on quads, im looking for a duneing quad but i also need to be able to dune race, and beat blasters. which quad would be best for me? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 01:26 PM
pokie

Re: which quad for me man?

You might want to look at getting a little seat time on a mid size bike before you put (no experience and dune racing together in the same statement) the blaster, 250ex ar 300ex would be good to get you started. One must walk before they run. Just my opinion.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 01:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

k, thanks man, its just my girlfriend rides a blaster but soon she's getting a blowshee and i need a quad that'll smoke her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 03:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a Honda 250ex it works great for me. My cousin has a blaster and i go out with him alot but it wouldnt beat it any day.If i were you i would go with a honda 300 or 400ex. I would also
consider a Yamaha Warrior (350 cc) you have to remember a Blaster is two stroke and it goes two time as fast as its regular CCs... [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 04:36 PM

blasters suck and i am not going to get in to it, period, but 300 is excellent and is very responsive to mods, go for it, it can kick a blasters ass with a pipe, end of story, but i am sellin it in less than a year, i have to many mods now to list, only allows a 100 characters
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 06:24 PM

what are all the mods you have on your 300ex?
do you count each sticker as a mod [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 08:57 PM
pokie

300EXrider; This is a serious questoin now Im not trying to mess with you or anything so here I go. I've been thinking about getting my wife a Blaster (NEW). Reasons, Not very expensive, small, light, pretty good suspension for someone around 110 pounds, short wheel base so it should be easy for her to handle, the thing should stay in about mint condition due to the fact its only going to be ridden about 6 time a year. Plus if I did want to do any mods on the bike there about a blank canvas as for as making any changes down the road. OK give some opinoins based on what Iv'e just posted, I mean maybe I'm just missing something about this machine.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 09:15 PM

about 90% of the atv populous would agree that a blaster is an excellent starter bike, with good power and great reliability. 300exrider is the other 10%. id say get a blaster you should not be dissapounted for what you are going to use it for. the 2003s are even much improved over the other years because of the hydralic brakes. a blaster will be perfect for your application. people that actually own them can testify to that. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 09:32 PM
pokie

The application part of it is what I was hoping people would read first. I mean I know they dont have all the high dollar goodies that some of the other bikes do but for the price I think its a pretty nice little package. Thanks for your response I appreciate it very much.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 11:35 PM

thanks 98warrior [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]....i am just sayin pokie, that blaster is really not worth it, u can get a very nie quad used for the same price!! there is just no reason, and the blasters suspension is bad, there small and light so on and so on, but really, there very high maitnece, and a 2 stroke, start your wife off with a 4 stroke, trust me, o ya my mods umm..here...--2002 300ex mods--
full yoshi exhaust--tinner (jims) air scoops)--acerbis flag handguards--msr raptor clutch assembly w/ lever--14 tooth sproket--K&N power kit w/ filter and jets--PRM desert grab bar--Renthal aluminum red bars W/ red wire loom--renthal half waffle grips--cascade pkb blockoff--20" razrs--22" front razrs--PRM swing-arm skid--DG krome nerf bars w/ new black replacement webbing--heel guars customized to fit on w/ nerfs--UNI air box vents (with cut holes)--87' 250x key holder--pro design kill switch
--soon to come-- ac or prm bumper, graphics and seat cover, JE 10:5:1 piston, hot stage 1 cam, heavy duty vavle springs and bigger carb [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode