ATV Insurance - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 03:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ATV Insurance

Does anyone have insurance on there quad besides me? Does anyone have experience with ATVLine Insurance? https://www.atv-line.com/index.asp
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 06:03 AM
tony1034

Re: ATV Insurance

I have a 2002 400ex with liability from Rider Insurance in NJ (worst insurance state). I paid @75 bucks for a basic liability policy. Its also registered. I did it for peace of mind. It proves I'm the owner and they can't impound my bike. Also if I hit another rider, hunter, etc ... the liability policy gives me that peace of mind.
Tony
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 2003 Wolverine and I have a comprehensive policy through Progressive. I bought comprehensive for the theft issue as well as in case of major damage. I could afford the bike once...not again if it was stolen or wrecked real bad. It cost me $125/yr. Seems steep to some, but theft is a big issue around here...Washington state...and I wanted the peace of mind. I also registered my bike...theft issue again...proves I'm the owner. In addition, here we cannot ride in ORV parks without tags and Washington will not give ORV tags to non-registered bikes.

I hope that helps!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

about the theft insurance, what happens if your quad is stolen? like how much money would you get? and who determines how much you'd get? thanks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 05:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My dad and i have theft insurance so if the quads were ever stolen they would give you the amount you paid for the quad.
It was 500 dollars per quad. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 11:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The insurance is a replacement cost insurance...so I get enough money to replace the item stolen with a same or like item at the current prices, minus the deductible.

Of course, everything has to be substantiated via police reports and so forth proving the machine was actually stolen. Basically I have to jump through all the hoops to get the money...but it is better than having to come up with the cash myself for a new machine out right.

The premiums are low enough that I could pay the premiums for years before I bought the machine back so it's not too bad. Not ideal, but the better of two evils as I see it.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 01:44 PM
MXTrackChick

my dad went on and on about why he wouldn't help out with me gettin a quad... he said the reason he wouldnt cosign with me is b/c i couldnt afford insurance on it when i bought it... so he was sayin that any dealer would make me get insurance until it was paid off..... everyone i talked to said they didnt have to do that (dirtbike ppl... my bfs dad said he never had to) so I wanna know in Texas if thats like a "rule" or something... or is my dad just givin me a load of [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] like he tends to do.........
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 01:41 AM
pokie

Thats a good question. When I bought one of my first bikes from a dealer new, some 15 yrs ago I had to insure it before I picked it up because there was a loan on the bike. All the bikes I bought after that one I paid cash for untill the Z400. I have a note on this bike but nothing was ever said about insurance when I picked it up.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 07:39 AM
tony1034

I live in NJ, one of the worst states to live in for insurance and rules. I bought a 400ex and have a loan on it through American Honda Finance Corp. They did not require insurance on it. I did register it and get liability, but it was weeks later. I also know other people that financed Yamahas, Hondas and Suzukis and none required insurance.

Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode