2001 Raptor Trannys - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 05:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2001 Raptor Trannys

Alright, I know I'm a newbie or stranger or whatever... and I know this has been talked about alot on here, but what are my options with fixing my 2001 Raptor's messed up tranny? When i bought it a month ago, I took it for a test drive but thought that the problem was the sprockets. I didnt know Raptors had this problem. Right now the dealer has it, but I'm not sure if they'll pay for it or not. So what have other people done to fix this? I've read about the Fortin gears, but they're really expensive... plus I'm leaving for the Air Force in a couple months and wont be riding my Raptor much. So anyone that has had this fixed, if you'd tell me what you had done and where... and maybe what kinda price you got, I'd be much obliged. Sorry that was so long... lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 06:09 PM

Re: 2001 Raptor Trannys

If you don't have money for the Fortin gears you should consider putting the 2002/2003 gears in your tranny. Better ratios that the 2001.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

how do you like the vortex twist throttle you got on yours? what kinda traction you get w/ the holeshots?? what kinda bars you got and what bend? how tall are ya?? reason i ask is cuz i'm thinkin of gettin a CR Pro throttle for my raptor and possibly getting some Pro Taper CR Hi bars. I'm 6'3" and i'd like to have bars w/ less pullback than stock but about in the same height as stock. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 05:46 PM

Wow, lots of questions.

Twist throttle works fine. Have had no issues with it.

Running Kenda Knarly's and Kenda Klaws, not holeshots. The Kenda's have been working good.

Not THAT tall. I think the CR High bars are still lower than stock raptor bend bars. If you use a 1" longer steering stem and CR high bars you should end up about the same height as stock.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i meant for the question to be for "insideout", the first poster. but it's good to hear your input on my questions. Thanks anyway. I might be gettin a twister, bars, and front and rear Bandit XC's before long, not sure when tho.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 01:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the vortex twist works great, it actually quickens the throttle response. the bars i got were just stock blaster bars, i'm 6'0" and the blaster bars work great. the holeshots hook up great on almost everything, except in the snow they dont go real well because the lugs are so close together. hope i answered everything
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 01:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

about how much turn does the vortex have? i know that advertise it as nearly 1/4 turn, but i just wanted to know what you actually got. Thanks.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 01:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

make sure you paint it pink too. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 06:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

when the throttle isn't attached to the little side carb thing it's 1/4 turn, but when you attach it to the bike it makes it only about 1/5... just a flick of the wrist and you're pinned. since that can suck if you're gettin jarred around, i put about 5 mm's of play in the throttle cable.. so i didnt give it gas if i didnt mean to. it works great now. i am havin a different problem now though... when i start the raptor up it idles fine, but the slightest bit of throttle makes it sound like the rev limiters kickin in. if you hold the thottle open a little bit it will backfire pretty loud. it happened all of a sudden, i just started it and it did it to me. i dont know if hte problem's in the carb or somewhere in the wiring. since it happened so suddenly i'm thinking something went haywire in the wiring or the coil or soemthin. anyone with any ideas of what it could be or where to start looking please tell me. i cant ride until it's fixed and the snow's just beggin to be roosted! thanks
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

about the 02/03 tranny dwaters.. do i just contact a dealer and have them do it, or an engine builder? and can you take a guess at how much the whole thing would cost? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode