"I Belive I can Fly" not! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 01:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

\"I Belive I can Fly\" not!

Hi! it's me from Scotland? I'm looking for advise again!!!!! we've been having so much fun learning to ride the Warrior,"The Boy" kicks my ass [never thought I'd see the day] the only real problem we are having? is landing jumps! we're getting threw over the bars or we're getting tossed off [no pun intended] makes us look like amatures!
what are we doing wrong?
sensible answers only please [tee hee]
Cheers and "Hoots Mon"
Steve & "The Boy"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 03:08 PM

Re: \"I Belive I can Fly\" not!

so your hitting jumps and falling? well, i think your askin for tips, so, befreo you go off a jump, u should probally get ready, which means get a good grip, and grit your teeth, then gas it at the very top of the jump to mkae your landing fine and have a good amount of air, if you find yourself vertical pointing torwards the sky press the front brake and bake might help if pointing towards ground, if that does happen, get ready to bail or fall, i really ont know what else your askin, but i dont have to many more tips off my head, i am goin blank now [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 07:38 PM

hit the gas if your front end is pointing down, it sounds to me like your gettin thrown off as in the back end bouncing you over the front...either you gotta learn to hold on, or soften the suspension up a bit or something.... [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 08:24 PM
Warrior00

yea i have leard if u are doing a nose dive just give it trouttle and if ur doing a "wheelie" in the air push the brake it actually works...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:35 AM
Old Hand

When jumping any four stroke, bike or quad you have to leave the throttle on during take off. If your letting off even at the top of the ramp the engine breaking will be acting like hitting the rear brake. I don't race much, just play ride on local tracks, but on almost any quad I try to stay centered if not, have your butt to the back and try to jump with the front end just a little higher then the rear. The warrior is kinda front end heavey as it is. Land with the throttle on too, remeber the engine breaking effect, especialy on softer surfaces.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 12:30 PM

also let of the throttle when landing, your tranny will take a beating if ya dont, u can hear it [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Smee again! yeah it makes sense now? we were letting off the gas just B 4 take off [crapping ourselves] and when we landed? yep youve guessed? no gas!!!!!!!!!!! thanks lads, once again I'm in your debt,
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

haha, sounds like me at first.... i had a fair share of bruises, but after the boys yelling "GIVE IT GAS" numerous amounts of times, i learned, you cant be afraid to give it your all over a jump, or else you wind up on the handle bars....

anyways, thats my input for the day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode