Comparing Banshee and Raptor... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 03:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Comparing Banshee and Raptor...

OK. Well, I'm in the market for a new quad. I used to have a 98 Blaster when I was around 12 but had to sell it when I moved towns, and now my interest in ATV's is growing again. But I lost track of the market over the years and now I'm a bit stuck.

I'm 16 and I'm trying to get this bike with no financial aid from my parents, so at first price was my number one concern. I had almost outgrown my Blaster by the time I sold it, so it would make sense to move up the Banshee by now. Price isn't bad (I'm sure I can find a used one somewhere for cheap) but I've been hearing great things about the Raptor also.

This bike will mainly be used in the dunes or rolling desert hills, so stability is another big priority. From what I've gathered about the Raptor is it's mainly built for speed, and can be a bit tipsy. The Banshee on the other hand seems basically like a beefed up version of the Blaster.

So... What are the prime conditions for each bike? Dunes? Flatlands? I need a bike that has enough power, but not excessive. I've always told myself that there is no such thing as too much power, but I don't wanna go breaking my neck now. I'd really prefer a Yamaha, just because I've had good experiences with them in the past, but if there is another make that you guys think would better suit my needs, I'm open for all suggestions. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 05:19 AM
Old Hand

Re: Comparing Banshee and Raptor...

You won't be able to find a raptor cheap, you might be able to find an older banshee or 250r for a reasonable price. But they also may have been abused and in need of a complete rebuild, wich would be costly. Look around though, I got a repoed banshee that has an almost new motor and frame, with mods tires, rims and nerf bars, for 950 bucks. I checked the numbers and it ended up being a 97. Look for auctions, see if you can get something cheap. Do you have a job or some source of regular income? Do you have money saved up for a down payment? Don't rule out some of the other 4 strokes. Payments on a new z 400 shouldn't be too bad if you put down a good amount. Wait a little while and pick up a leftover. Also I'm sure in a little while you could get a great price on a left over 400ex. There good all around performers, and there very reliable, easy and cheap to own.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 10:25 AM
Warrior00

well if u want a yamaha the next step up from a blaster would be the warrior i love my warrior and with a few mods its pretty beefy... but i almost bought a raptor but it was a 2001 raptor and it didnt ave the tranny upgrade so i backed out on it... but the raptor has quite a bit of power and lots of tourge but the bansee is a 2stoke and i have heard and expireced the powerband on one its not like a dirbike your either in it or not... its kind of out of contorl... but a 400ex warrior ,,z400 or kfx400 depends what color u like.... raptor used 2002 ... ne one would be a good bike... but im sure you wouldnt be disapoited iwth the warrior means u have been into quads for the last few years i think you would be impresed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 09:10 PM

between the banshee and the raptor i would suggest the banshee. you wont find a raptor for cheep, but a used banshee with some mods for a reasonable price should be easy to find. for the riding you suggested the nothing beats a banshee it has intense power top end power that kicks butt in the open spaces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode