Blaster questions? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 09:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Blaster questions?

Well I have been out of ATV's for 10 years now. Except for the occasional blast on a friends. And I decided to come back, bought myself a 2002 Blaster used(figured good renintroduction bike)I was 15 with a 110 and little exp on sport quads when I jumped years ago.
The deal was great for it from a client of mine at a local dealer under $1500 with new helmet and goggles thrown in with 30 day warranty.
A couple imperfections tho... No headlight does anyone know how goood the OEM one even is? Or should I not even waste my cash on it? And buy aftermarket driving lights anyways?

Also the rear brake. I know there weak and I also know that there is a conversion kit sold to make it hydraulic. Has anyone ever done the conversion with say a warrior caliper and rotor, and a raptor reservoir? Or any of any combos? I have been into street bikes for years now and have come to realize that 90% of parts even cross brands will fit somehow! Without much more than a bolt change!
[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 06:36 PM
pokie

Re: Blaster questions?

If you got out of riding 10 years ago that would make you about 25 so if I were you I'd ride it the way it is because more than likely you'll be wanting a little more bike real soon.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 07:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Id agree with you besides the fact buying this was a stretch for me. This was Xmas gift. The wife was bending a little on this. I was not supposed to buy anything untill we buy a house. I have a Honda CBR 600 Street bike currently, FZR 600 is hers and I have a old Honda dirt bike as well. And am getting a used sled from my old man next year 96 Polaris XCR 600. So there will be no way I can buy anything else for a few more years. Cause I will never get rid of the bike. So thats why I am looking to make the best out of a decent situation... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

By the way im 26.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 10:28 PM

if you want lights id look aftermarket. laserstar makes good lighting setups

if you want hydralic brakes just get the parts from the '03 blasters they should bolt right up
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 02:40 AM
Old Hand

Or try a salvage yard for the lights, don't forget to look on ebay too. Trenga racing makes disc brake kits for the blaster,and would more than likely be cheaper then going through yamaha.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 08:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode