Why is everyone picking on the 400EX's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Why is everyone picking on the 400EX\'s?

It sure seems like everyone has just turned a cold shoulder to the 400ex. Every article you read and every time you turn around someone is bad mouthing them. The technology has gotten better but it is still in my opinion one of the best handling quads around. I mean come on Suzuki was real quick to snake the design to build their new bike. Yamaha is further behind in the quad game then any other manufacturer in my opinion. the raptor is a good bike if you do something about that top heavy handling. that in fact is why I didn't buy one. they are fast as hell but handle like a polaris sportsman 700. The banshee and warrior have not changed the basic design in since the begining. I love my 400ex and would put it's reliability against any quad. The 400ex is not that old of a design and is still one good bike. Regardless of what DirtWheels says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 02:15 PM

Re: Why is everyone picking on the 400EX\'s?

people love to, there is a clan man u gotta know...there is honda people, there there is yamaha suzuki, kawi, and cannondale poeple....everyonehates eachother, its a ongoin battle, honda has been ahead of the game in my opinion, but others say different, that is what seperates them, notice that alba is yami, kawi, suki, and cannondale, kinda funny, hond had the best 4 stroke for 3 years till the raptor, and will always hold the place for the best 2..my 2 cens, i love all companies, not jsut standing up for one, not meaning to flame nor start an argument...which will happen anyway [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 04:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey man, i would still take a 400ex(i really wish it had a rev)... what makes me laought. Is there so many people out there, that have raptors and banshees, etc. That think there hot [bleep], but they cant ride... All they due is crash. Am not saying am a great rider, that why i have a warrior, and no raptor, because i will hurt my self on that thing, just like much of other people already did. I still cant bring the warrior till it fullest power, and alot of people are not good enought riders for a 400ex either... It's a pretty funny thing. Dont you think so?

All honda has to due is make the thing go backwards(add 40 cc a good idea too), and there in. LoL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I loved my 400ex to death and to be honest if it had reverse i would still race it but i must conceed and say i jumped on the raptor bandwagon and also bought a z400 recently too , i race my yamaha and have yet to feel tippy yet but thats just me, i ride the z400 but i let the wife ride it mostly cause it is very controlable
But dont feel alone in loving your honda cause when i want to just go play around in the woods or at my track i pick one of the three hondas i have in the garage because "in my opinion" they are the best desighned most fun to ride most dependable bike i have ever had
I bought the yamaha because i could not even keep up with a stock raptor at a harescramble so it became a HP issue, building my 400ex up enough to make it a contender would make it unreliable and high maintenence for sure so i got sucked in to the trap plus the reverse made it irresistable.
Dont worry, when honda finnally cuts loose with a big bore sport with reverse they will sit atop the soap box that yamaha, suzuki and hesitate to say kawasaki have stood on
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 04:58 PM

there not borin there putting there crf450 motor in a quad that is liquid cooled and has reverse, dishes out around 55 hp, and tkaes off like nothing else, then they will under bore it to race standereds, to have it race unlike the raptor....it will have such great handling and power it will blow away everything but the cannondale which it will comptete against...thats the bottom line...period
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well u wanna know why people pick on the honda....its old....its still a good bike, but technology in todays world is the way to win the hearts of the masses, kinda like in the computer field, the newest computer now will be outdated in 6 months or sooner. Honda started the big bore 4-stroke 4 wheeler craze, hats off to them for it....we are gonna get better and better machines because of it. Honda will eventually come out with something to compete, but they better sell the hundreds of thousands of 400ex's that are still in storage before they make something to outdate it...or its gonna be lots of lost money for them....i use to be a diehead kawa fan....and i hated honda, but i like all of them now....they all have something to give to the sport....also on the trails they all get in the way of my DS650....lol [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 12:53 AM
peterock

I agree... it's not that nobody likes honda anymore, they just need something new. It's just like everything else. When something new comes out, everyone wants to be the first to have it. And of course theres is the best. I mean why would you buy a suzuki but brag about something else, not going to happen. As for the raptor, when I first bought it my brother and friends didn't like it because they didn't like how it handled. Sat too high and narrow. My buddy would give me all kinds of crap because he could out run me on the track. Well with a few suspension mods, which anyone that races mx is going to do anyway no matter what they have, I walk over my friends. enough rambling, honda comes out with something new and everyone will be back on there bandwagon. But I have heard rumor of yamaha coming out with something in the 450 range too. Everyone is trying to make something that is race ready off the showroom floor like canondale.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 05:37 AM

never rode a 400ex, like the trx250r's though, and with that one kid saying most ppl couldn't handle a 400ex, it's kinda funny to think that someone could suck at riding bad enough not to handle one...i can throw a raptor around (they ARE fun, but too top heavy and catch entirely too much grip) and im like JUST turning 17 in two weeks, i catch onto things quick i guess, but my friend marc has a raptor, he's 15, parents bought it for him, and put me on a blaster i could outrun him on it, he should sell it, get a 250ex or something...but this all goes to me being a bike guy, i just like bikes more...love fourwheelers, not saying i don't like them, but just more into bikes
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I understand that analogy But the technology isn't all that old. The 400ex has been around for what 4 going on five years... Ok that may seem old but consider the warrior and banshee which have been around since what '87? they are still decent bikes but You don't hear people bad mouthing those bikes as much as you hear people bad mouthing the 400ex. I guess I am just a die hard honda fan. almost every bike or quad I have ridden has been a honda. Can't wait for the new Honda to come out... Yeah I'm still holding my breath for that one...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hard to believe anyone can really have a hard time handling a 400ex I think my 3 year old could ride it... they are one of the most balanced and easy to handle bike in exsistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode