ouch - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ouch

So I ran my leg over after hitting a jump last weekend. My Doctor says I tore my miniscus. I am limping around and am in extreme pain. luckily I was wearing my boots or else I would have snapped my leg at my calf. Anyway would putting a set of Nerf bars really help in an instance like this? I have always avoided them because I thought it was hard to shift with them and I didn't really see how they could keep my foot from getting to the wheel if I was falling off the pegs. Anyone who has used them let me know how you like them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:07 AM
MXTrackChick

Re: ouch

Some tracks wont even let you practice without nerf bars here.... and they are a must for a race here... or they wont let you race. Yes, nerf bars help, they are a big help and safety matter, also heel stoppers or heel guards could be useful, there are also foot pegs that have some better traction on them also.... hope you recover soon but in the meantime, you need to thinkin about buyin a set of nerf bars and maybe some other things mentioned! Good luck!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah thanks I will more than likely be making that purchase soon. Not too soon seeing as I am probably done for this season... See ya'll in Pismo this spring...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:30 AM

i got nerfs and they saved my a$$ many times, yes most and all tracks wont let u come without nerfs, i was also able to customize my old heel guards to fit back on becasue they were touchin my back tire
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:58 AM

nerf bars are a must for any riding involving jumps. It doesn't matter how good you are or how long you have been riding.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know your pain, i just recovered from a similar injury and now i have enough steele in my leg to set off 10 metal detectors, ill probably never fly again lol
anyways nerfs are much cheaper than getting your knee scoped or a lifetime of pain pills so get well and get some nerfs

Keep The Rubber Side Down!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode