Wondering about the - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Wondering about the

I was looking at the Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4. Is this a real "sport" quad. Meaning, does this compete with the Honda 400's, Yamaha Banshee & Raptor and Suzuki 400's?? Or is it more of a utility bike. Also, the push button 4x4??? A good choice or something else that can go wrong? Just want to see what people have to say about this and if anyone has taken this for a ride or owns please let me know. Is there a benefit of aving the automatic vs. manual tranny??? I know from personal experience that manual tranny is fun as well as keeping the rpm's where you need them. Does the automatic do well in trails???

Btspyder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 03:00 PM

Re: Wondering about the

my uncle has a 2001 scrambler 500, has the push button(shift on the fly) 4wd...things fast, i won't lie, surprised the hell out of me with how fast it actually is, it's a sport machine yes...but it's also on the heavy side, but that 4wd will get you anywhere, and the suspension allows u to get decent airtime too...things fun, i like to more or less freeride with anything im on, i can ramp that thing like 4ft high and like...20ft across w/o the suspension bottoming...i can ride wheelies on it like nothing, u can't pull the front end up after your going like 20mph, but if u nail it at the start, give the bars a nice tug, u can ride nice ones...i can ride a wheelie across this field that's like 150-200yds long, and if u have it in 4wd, put it in reverse, u can ride backwards wheelies(bring it up on the front wheels and ride backwards) things fun, it has outrun a warrior and 400ex, he's never really raced much more than that
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

It does sound like a fun bike. Being that it can keep up with the sport bikes and also has the 4wd makes me want to edge towards getting one of them... hmmmm still don't know yet...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:27 PM

dude just go ride one, u will love it, you will be blown away, it's surprising at how fun and fast they actually are, only thing is they feel kinda "big" but u get used to that like 10 minutes into riding it, the scramblers really are nice machines
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

I am going to the local dealer and check them out. I'll let you know what I think about these quads....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode