Off Roading Forums banner

squeaky shocks!! (first real atv post in a while)

2K views 7 replies 1 participant last post by  300EXrider 
#1 ·
damjn shocks they are pissen me off!!! i am goin to rip them off!!! im ridin and u can here me aprroach!! squeaky...squeaky....ahhhhhhhh!! wd40?

See less See more
G
#4 ·
you could try wd40, i dont think that will work (at least for very long) I have 2 suggestions: 1) remove the shocks, get a spring clamping tools and compress the spring enough for you to get a little grease between the spring and the seat, on both ends. 2) after compressing the springs, try putting a small piece of rubber between the spring and the seat, on both ends. Dont know if either will work but its always worth a try. Now if i could just get my front brakes to quit sqeaking, i would be happy.

#6 ·
ill go try it now, but before that... i was goin off this pretty big jump near my trails and for the first time i bottemed out, like a snap, which shocks could i tighten? i know the back, mine are at #2, but how the hell do u tighten them? i tried adjusten with my hand but didnt budge...:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.