Polaris 2 stroker ?what do think!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 06:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Polaris 2 stroker ?what do think!!!!!

my wife has put a down payment on a 1998 Polaris Scrambler 400 4x4 2stroke!price 3499.00 at a dealer!problem is we are over 300 miles from dealer that had the bike so we couldnt ride it before.they got lots of usd bikes so if we dont like that one they said they have lots to choose from.Anyway how fast is this thing ? i got a 200 blaster hope she doesnt eat me going down the trail lol.but how well do they proform and how the heck do they contain a 400cc2stroker into an auto trains. without burning belts?i read somewere last night top speed was72mph.ooooohhh shes going to eat me lol.weve road somefrends polaris's but they were 4 stroke.anone read\road\or heard anything good bad or ugly about there 2 strokes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 07:57 AM
GTA

Re: Polaris 2 stroker ?what do think!!!!!

You're getting the fastest bike Polaris makes (except for the 2x4) That baby will eat a stock blaster. It will also be a little more top heavy. You won't be able to sling it around quite as easy, but you can go twice as many places on it. My next polaris will be the Scrambler 400X (if I can still find any).

Don't worry a bit about the tranny/belt. You'll get a lifetime warranty against defects. You won't even need the warranty unless you're towing something with it that may slip the belt.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My uncle has a 2001 500 scrambler 2x4, and it is pretty much neck in neck with the 400 4x4, but the 400 will get him off the line by about 10ft, after that speed is the same, GTA is right, on a 4x4 it's not as easy to spin around on as a 2wd, my uncle's has shift on the fly 4x4, so that's cool, you will really like it, yes, she can take u if she is a decent driver, but it's all in all a good machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 01:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You should have bought a Yamaha or a Honda!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 07:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Would have but its for my wife and shes got an ankle full of pins and metal plates! so she has trouble shifting gears!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 05:45 PM

dont even worry bout gettin beat by a blaster, 72 mph is ripping speed for that, your fine.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 07:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Very nice machine, Good luck with it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode