sand - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
box

sand

is there anything cheap you can put on 4wheeler tires to make them have ultimate traction in the sand? or is there a better sand tire other then the stock tires? I just pulled a stuck ford out of the sand today with my polaris sportsman 500 but when i got to the hill i lost traction and had to pull my chevy down there and finish the job with it. is it too stressful on the 4wheeler pulling trucks and stuff like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 11:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: sand

ouch that hurt first you pulled a ford out with a quad then added more insult buy tying it to a chevy.the poor guy with the ford must have been crying i almost am lol.im used to pulling chevys with my ford bronco pick up a copy of any four wheeler magazine they have a lot of tire adds in there.your stock tire sould have pretty good traction in sand they sure do good in mud here.but you can get a set of sand paddles and really get a lot more.minuse one ford do they go good usally?lol i dought if you would hurt anything on you quad while pulling in sand just dont tie it up on asphalt i dont what getting that much traction might do to auto trany.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
box

o and get this, when i was riding after i pulled out that ford, i noticed my 4wd wasn't kickin in on the 4wheeler. i looked at everything and it seemed to be ok but my hubs just wouldn't lock in... finally i figured out the key had been bumped and it was on just enough to let the engine run but not completely on, so the electrical power to the 4wheeler was off, which means my hubs didn't lock in because the 4wd is electronically controlled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 01:37 PM
GTA

Be careful pulling too much with a PVT. If you have a lot of resistance the belt will slip. As long as the tires are spinning, you're in good shape. Never heard of that key thing happening to anyone else. First time for everything I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode