Bought a Z400 Today! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bought a Z400 Today!

Today I bought a Z400! It's a yellow one. It was one of 2 at my dealer for the whole month. The other one sold earlier in the day. It's so awesome. 35.2 hp stock. Pullin' up wheelies in 2nd gear no problem. It's beautiful and I can't wait to really run it. I want to race a Raptor. I'm so pumped and I can't stop smiling. I'll keep you updated on the Fun-Factor and stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bought a Z400 Today!

just remember, if u get beat by the raptor, don't be upset, uve got 260 less cc's and plus, you spent alot more than that guy did and uve got almost the same peformance, start pullin em up in 3rd and 4th pussy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Have fun man.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 10:32 PM
MXTrackChick

I dont think I'd sleep that night... I'd be way too excited.. lucky for you that you have yours now.... enjoy it!!! I have to wait a while to get mine! Keep me updated on if you have any problems or anything cuz I would certainly like to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 09:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I can pull up a wheelie in 1,2,3 gears... haven't tried 4th, but you can bet I will.

If you've read the new Z400 article, it says it dyno'd at 29 hp which is weird because the documentation that came with it says 35 hp. I want to find out more about this.

Chick-I almost didn't sleep. I wasn't suppose to be able to pick the Z up Friday, but it worked out good for me, they built it that day and just finished when I showed up. So they did a test run to make sure it was all workin' and then I bought it and took it home!
I've had ZERO problems... of course I don't have that much time on it yet. But I took it out on Sunday afternoon and WOW! I just fly off the jumps with no problem that I had to work hard for on my wife's mod'd Blaster. The power is everywhere! Anywhere and Anytime I need power, throttle up and it's there! However, I did not find any Raptors to race... bummmer. Maybe next time.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 03:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got one last week. I really wanted the white one but they didn't know when they would be available. This is my first quad and I am very impressed! Yoshimura's site is showing stock hp at 32.9.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 03:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

One other thing. Check the spring that attaches the brake light switch to the rear brake pedal. It fits pretty loosely and mine came off. I took it off and made the hook on the bottom that attaches to the pedal a little smaller so it fits tighter. I have heard a few other people have had this problem.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 12:26 AM
raptor_rider

when I rode one I found that I didnt like the handle bars, they were to tall,(like my Raptor) I got some pro taper bars with a motorcycle bend for mine, and LOVE the way they feel.

MOOSEDOG, when I rode the Z400 I had the front end up in 4th, and went over a deep whoop section in 5th, (with the front end up) so YA the z has the gonads, DO YOU??[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 08:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You're right, the Z does have the gonads. Do I? Well, I'm giving them quite a workout, so before long, they should be big enuf to handle it! Keep in mind that I can count on one hand how many months I have been riding off road. You know it's a lot different than the street. The bars are kind of high, but I like em.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 09:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think you little too excited about the Z400 having 35.2HP! There is nothing with my "documentation" that has any horsepower rating. Check out the Yoshimura site:
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/
They have another Dyno with a stock Z400 with a 150 jet (and probably the airbox removed, although it doesn't say it) with a 32.9 HP rating. 35HP with full Yosh exhaust and open airbox. I think between somewhere between 29 and 32HP seems about right. Your mileage may vary depending on altitude, etc., but 35 I think not. Yosh already has a Z450 kit that is putting out 47HP!!! The Zuke Z400 is one mean machine. Easily beat my friends slightly modified 400EX in a long drag race. Handles the same or better and is the same money. THIS IS AN AWESOME MACHINE. READ THE NEW DIRT WHEELS...THEY CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 04:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think ur gettin excited too much about THE WHOLE THING! lol...so big deal it deosn't have 35 hp, does it really matter how much it has if it can lift the front end in fourth and does everything u want it to? nah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode