ATV or Car - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ATV or Car

Should I get a 400ex or a 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo with NOS. I would like an ATv but i want a sports car too which should I get and why?
THANX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 05:10 PM
raptor_rider

Re: ATV or Car

first of all, PRIORITYS, where do they lie? second of all, I (as a mechanic) have two problems with your choice of car,(turbo & nos)with a turbo you have to have a really good cooling system and you have to give it time to cool after driving it (which most people dont do) and unless the engine was built (lower end) for the extra stress , it wont last
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what kind of cooling system would you recomend. Or if you have a nother sports car which one would you think would be good for me?
Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:27 PM
raptor_rider

with any car/motorcycle/quad/boat/whatever, anytime you start making it a hot rod you spend lots of money making it faster with a shorter life, do yourself a favor, buy a nice little Honda or Toyota,keep it stock and when you want to go fast, get a quad or bike you can take off road,that way when you wreck, you only hurt yourself , and dont kill anyone else
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 02:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

how about a Toyota Supra (not a turbo) or a Toyota Supra Turbo without NOS. If u have another kind of sports car you think would be better for me what is it?
thanx
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 05:43 PM
raptor_rider

toyota's are good cars, I dont suggest a turbo for anyone, yes they run strong but for your first car get something that wont cost an arm and a leg to fix, Hondas are good cars and kinda sporty, but remember the sportier the car the more money you will spend on insurance
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

raptor rider- my friend Ray has a 93 Mazda RX-7 w/a twin turbo...nothin wrong with it, no more maintanaince (sp?) than a regular car, but it's a rotary engine, and he has shot the rotary seal in it once. The nice thing is the turbo doesn't hit till about 3800 rpm, so u can shift w/o hitting the turbo, and it doesn't seem like it's all that much of a car till he's cruisin at like 50mph in 5th...just chillin and then drops it to second and punches it and then clicks into third and before you know it your doing 90 on a single lane road and the cars shadow hasn't caught up w/it yet [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] i would go for the supra dude.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which kind of supra the turbo or just a regular supra (with out tubo)?????????
Thankx
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Get yourself a truck and forget about those supras. Yeh there cool looking and all, but you cant haul your quad around in the supra. A truck you can.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 06:03 PM

get a quad man going fast off road is more fun than on road

my friends dad had a dodge colt with a turbo and nitrous oxide...very fast car and i guess it held together very well because the bottom end for them was originally from a diesel engine...but his mom put 87 octane in it and it blew up..women drivers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode