What Would You Buy WIth $16,000 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 10:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What Would You Buy WIth $16,000

Hello,
Thank you for taking your time to read this. I have been given the opportunity to purchase two ATV's as a gift for my highschool graduation. I would like to know what two quads would you buy with $6,000 for each quad. My choice is the 2003 suzuki quadsport z400. Do you agree or disagree? What about for $8,000 to spend on each quad. I like the Ds650 baja, but I am not sure if it is worth paying the extra money over the Ds650 or raptor 660.
I am a a fairly new rider that is hoping to be very good after I purchase a new ATV. I want to drag and jump my new quad. I will be trail riding and hill climbing. I'll ride on the beach and dunes as well as on hard mountain floor.
Thank you in advance and your input is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 02:04 AM
raptor_rider

Re: What Would You Buy WIth $16,000

I have ridden almost every quad out on the showroom floors today, I own a Raptor, Banshee, 2 Blasters and a Trailblazer, I just got the opportunity to ride the Z400 this weekend( THATS RIGHT MX TRACK CHICK I ROAD ONE YESTERDAY!!! ) If I were you I would consider the 400 EX or the Z 400, they have the same suspention, they are both electric start, the Z is liquid cooled, the Z has reverse, the EX has a long track record, the Z has a little more power than the EX (stock) there are more mods available for the EX than the Z ( the Z's to new ) Its a fuff call between the two, I personaly am going to sell both of my Blasters and get a Z
hope I helped, GOOD LUCK
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was just told by a dealer that I should buy a ds650 because of my large size(6'1, 220). Is the quadsport really that small for my size? Or does the dealer just want to earn more money. He said 2 ds650 bajas $15,000 out the door. I also got a deal for two quadsport $9900 out the door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 12:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I hope these following comments will help those searching for an ATV:
Definetly go for the Z400 for $6000. Just got back from riding it all weekend at Coral Pink. Awsome! For $8000 you might consider a Cannondale but I would probaly go for the Z400.
Dean
www.Off-Road.com

If you have two quads to choose from...hmmmmm....we'd go with the Suzuki
Quadsport...then take the extra money that you would spend on the other
quad and grab all the accessories you can for your quadsport.

Things like; shocks, axle, axle carrier, k&n air filter, exhaust, new
handle bars, nerf bars, wheels and rims, grab bar, front bumper,
a-arms....etc...this is just a start, but these are the things we would
recommend you change.

ATV Source Magazine

ltz400s in stock and with all the positive press they have been getting they are selling extremely well(especially at the same price as the inferior honda 400)

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 01:58 PM

why do you want two of the same quad? get a banshee for speed and a ltz400 for woods and cruising
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 03:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If i were you I would get a blaster, a 400ex and a raptor. With that you only use $15,198 and those or the prices off the internet so at a dealer you could get them cheaper. Then you would have 3 atv's instead of just 2.
Hope this helps
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I went to six dealers on saturday. The best deal I found was a cannondale speed and a banshee for 14100. With 300 dollars in assesories(sp?). IS that a good combination and is that a good deal?...thx for yalls input
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 04:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

don't pass that up. That may be the best deal you will find, you have the best of bost worlds w/those two quads. Snatch that deal up. QUICK.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 03:09 PM

GO FOR IT! great deal for two excelant machines!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 03:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

$9900 for two z400s is a great deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode