Electrical Uh oh... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 02:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Electrical Uh oh...

I've got me a big problem .. well its little , ,but big. Here's hte scoop. Its a street bike , a 400 maxim (yamaha), but it sohuldnt really matter i dont think. Ok, I've got 4 fuses, theres a 20 Amp main, and three 10 amps, for headlamp, signal lights, and ignition. Bear with me that this is gonna be real hard to explain. Ok. with all fuses in place, the bike will start, idle blah blah blah, everything works perfect. The neutral light comes on in neutral. However, whenyou put the bike into gear, she cuts out (like loses spark). Ok, step one explained.
When you pull the signal light fuse out, she does the same. However, if you pull the signal light fuse out AND turn the signal light switch either way, so that the signals should be on, they dont come on... but the bike runs perfect. She goes into gear and all that jazz, and every thing is fine, except the signals and horn don't work. However, in this scenario, the neutral light is on while the bike is in gear, but not while it's in neutral. (the light is only on when she's running). As soon as you turn the signal light switch off, she cuts out. Im lost here guys.. someone PLEASE help me!!!! The odd thing is, i did have it working right by fiddling with the fusebox wires a couple times, but it worked fine for a bit, then she'd just start doin the stupid thing again. This is buggin the hell outta me , because its something so little it seems. I've tried all new fuses and stuff, but no solution yet.. anyone have any ideas?

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 04:48 PM

Re: Electrical Uh oh...

whoa dude thats Fed up..i dont know could be a funky short somewhere....try peeing on it?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 12:11 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Get a manual for it.

How old is it?

It might be a safety feature malfunctioning.

You probably have wires that are getting crossed. I'd start ruling things out by figuring out if the neutral circuit is working correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 11:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys, got her fixed. . Turned out it was the kickstand safety switch..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode