Quad that KTM might produce?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:26 PM
MXTrackChick

Quad that KTM might produce??

in the april atv action magazine there was a quad in he Netherlands which the chassis might be bought by KTM... its a 520 and the chassis is totally awesome. does anyone know anything about this quad or if anything has happened with it? i thought it looked pretty cool except the front plastic design looked kinda weird..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 05:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Quad that KTM might produce??

their were three of them, if ktm woke up, they would see putting the 520 engine in a quad frame is the jackpot, that engine is awesome, you couldn't ask for anything better, in the dirtbike it's fast as hell, and really really snappy, just an awesome awesome bike, so i imagine in a quad it would be the same thing...just hope they actually do it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 07:13 AM
MXTrackChick

yeah.. it would be a bad quad.... i hope it comes out too... i'd prolly end up buying one in a couple yrs. The chassis on it looks so awesome too. I think much improved over the general stock sport quads on the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 10:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well it's a walsh crafted frame, frame alone is 6g's if not more, then u add top of the line suspension, the fenders, rims, wheels, it all starts to add up, 250r type frame though...KTM could produce it's own frame for the engine to fit nicely into, construct a new case so they could put a counterbalancer in their, and throw it all together, they could sell it for probably 7g's.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 03:14 PM

i think it said the kit was available now..at least in europe
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

would be bad [censored] but pricey
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 05:16 PM
MXTrackChick

Yeah.. But in a couple yrs I should have some good money to buy one if my plans work out and the business that we're planning gets a good start. But KTM should really come out with a quad.. and this quad would be a nice one for them to produce.. I saw where u could buy them.. it didnt have the price for the engine.. but it had everything else. Over all I think it looks awesome and prolly worth the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode