Suzuki,Polaris,or Yamaha?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Suzuki,Polaris,or Yamaha??

Hello All,
I am 17 and I am looking at used quads in my local classifieds. I have found three that I have like. A Suzuki 230 quadsport,a Polaris Scramble and a Yamaha Bear Tracker? I live in the Ohio Valley where there is mud galoure and hills. Does anyone have any experience with these quads? And, which one would probaly suit my needs best? But, I am leaning towards the Beartracker and the Polaris. For some odd reason, I do not like 2 strokes like the Suzuki.
Thanks,
Chris B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:19 AM
MXTrackChick

Re: Suzuki,Polaris,or Yamaha??

Hey nice to see another fellow atv fan that's 17 also [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] anyways... what I would do... is go look at all of the quads if you havent done that yet. Test ride them, read reviews from magazines, ask owner a lot of questions, dont feel embarrassed to ask a lot of questions b/c you are a potential buyer, look at the condition of the entire atv. I have had more experience with Yamahas out of those three, not necessarily the beartracker but a big bear but a family member owns one that hasnt been ran in probably 2 years and one day my old honda got stuck and i went to their place and started the big bear up... the only thing wrong with it was that the tires had gone completely bad, but that wasnt the atvs fault.. I admit I am partial more to a Yamaha but I have reasons to trust them. But even the best of atvs go bad if you dont take care of them so see what kind of conditions the atv has gone through and also if it is stored in a garage or if its outside in a barn or something. If you have mud and hills, you want to get something that has power but the capabilities through mud.. if anything a better deal might come along... its better to know EXACTLY what YOU want and what you NEED before just buying anything thats for sale out there. Oh yeah another good thing.. look to see what other people are riding out by you.. see whos havin trouble and whos not... for hills and mud... Id like maybe a yamaha wolverine.. its a 4x4 thats sort of like a sport quad too.. it has pretty good power.. just a suggestion.. happy hunting for an atv!! Im looking for my own racing quad myself [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 05:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the 230 suzuki is a four stroke. I think you will like the scrambler, it will win in a race against BOTH of them quads, and still tackle the mud wiht no problem, nice suspension too, i garuntee u won't like the 230 for mud, and the bea tracker is big, heavy, and slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks MXTRAKCHIK and josisnuckinfutz. Any way, I am calling them and getting to look at them. I am really leaning toward the Scrambler becuase I do like the auto tranny. But, is there any mods out there for polaris? And, Around here, there are alot of Polaris's running around. And, one Raptor.
Thanks,
Chris B.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 08:48 PM
MXTrackChick

yes ive heard some good about the Scramblers.. well it depends on what year model your quad is to get mods.. but there are a lot of webpages out there... when i need to find something and im just bored... i go to the msn home and use their search engine and i have found some good deals and some good sites that way.. just somethin to do when you're bored.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 06:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ride a 2000 polaris scrambler 400 4x4 and love it! it gets through pretty good mud and beats virtually every utility out there. it is very powerful, poppin a wheelie even with the auto tranny.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 05:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK some people think the 230 is a 4-stoke which it isnt its a 2-stroke.You should get the
Suzuki because it would get everything except a raptor and Z400.If you got the yamaha
then thats just a quad for things like yard work and trail riding the polaris could beat the Yamaha
but not beat the Suzuki.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 03:00 PM

The QuadSport 230 wsa a 4-stroke. In fact it was one of the first 4 stroke sportquads. I owned two of them. I think they were 1986 models. They don't compete with the new models but they were excellent 4-stroke sport quads in their time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode