What is a good atv for hill climbing and still goi - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 10:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is a good atv for hill climbing and still goi

I am looking to buy a new atv but i dont know what to get. I want something that is fast but can still of road and hill climb easily, but i dont want a four whell drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 12:51 PM
GTA

Re: What is a good atv for hill climbing and still goi

Brand Loyalty aside, check out the Polaris quads, they seem to have the most ground clearance and still run fast. My TrailBlazer is at least 2 1/2" higher than a 400EX & the Scrambler 400 is a two-stroke with tons of grunt.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 03:28 PM

uhhhhh a vast majority of all 2wd quads are good off road and can climb hills well..they kinda make em for that ya know? could you be alittle more specific?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 12:52 PM
YZEATER

don't buy a polaris for hillclimbing or for doing anything. 400ex or banshee or 250r. all the way
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 05:53 PM
raptor_rider

if you want hill climb, go with the 4 stroke (Raptor,LTZ400,400EX) if you want fast go with the 2 stroke(250R,Banshee) the 4 strokers now days are fast and light, the hottest quad on the market today is the Suzuki LTZ400, its a 4 stroke, liquid cooled, electric start, reverse, great suspention and ALMOST as fast as a Raptor(both in stock form)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 09:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My uncle has a 2001 Polaris Scrambler 500 (w/ 2x4, shift on the fly 4wd) and he took this huge hill climb in the enduro circuit by my house faster, and easier than Justin did w/his 250r and Ron did w/his quadzilla....im not recomending polaris, just contridicting YZEATER [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] i love doing that [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. I don't really like the P's too much they are heavy...but nice for leisure riding....if i were you, i'd go with a raptor maybe...cuz they DO haul [censored], BUT! like raptor rider said the Z400 is almost as fast, and like A LOT CHEAPER, about the same as a 400ex, and that thing looks NICE! So dude...if i were you, i'd go chill with a Z400 and see how you like it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode