Do shops rent out ATV's? (Newbie alert!) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 10:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do shops rent out ATV\'s? (Newbie alert!)

Hello all, i was looking into playing around with ATV's this summer to see if i like them... i was wondering if it is normal to rent them from shops to go out riding around?

If not, then what do you think would be a good beginnier(23 year old) quad that would be farily cheap?

any other things i should look into before getting into this sport?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Do shops rent out ATV\'s? (Newbie alert!)

Your profile gives no clue as to where you live, but I'd imagine that if you're near a big city there would be a quad rental shop or two there. I'm in N. Az and down in Phx. there are one or two places there. The rate is quite expensive, however, around $100 per day the last I heard.
For any one to suggest a possible quad for you, you'd first have to qualify that with some idea of what type of riding you plan to do. That is, moderate recreational riding , work related or hunting use requiring 4x4 and racks, Mx or XC racing, duning, etc. Most quads are more or less at home in one or possibly two venues but not in all of the above. Also whether you plan to buy new or used would have a bearing on cost. For example, a Blaster is an entry level quad rated at 200CC in 2 stroke, designed for a rider at about 150 lbs and about 5' 10". Not to say that some riders are not over those numbers, but nonetheless that's what the bike was designed for.Anew Blaster is about $3000 msrp plus the taxes, etc. It is a good play bike within it's limitations and can be upgraded to a decent Mx bike if cash is available. There are certainly better quads for trail, however.
Any way, here's a few things to consider.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 11:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i didnt realize there were so many details,
I guess im looking for an ATV that can hold 260lbs, im looking at just recreational riding. also, im in northern california.

thanks for your reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, they grow 'em big over there! Well, I guess you can scratch the little Blaster as well as a few other makes. I'd suggest the Warrior then, especially if your height matches your weight. I had a Warrior for four years before getting the Raptor and the main reason was it seemed to have more room than some other makes. Being slightly claustrophobic, I felt quite cramped on the 400EX and since I wanted a sport bike, the big utilities weren't an option for me. If your budget is pegged at $1000, you'd have to look at a fairly old model Warrior. The new ones are right at $5000.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 06:03 PM

Northern California, huh? Well I can only think of two rental places off hand. One is at Pismo. There is a place that rents quads for use at Pismo. Don't recall what kind of quads but I think the place is called BJ's.

The other place is in South Lake Tahoe. There is a place over there that does rides through the Rubicon trail. These are 4x4 quads. Not sure what their name is.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 11:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Living in northern california, I would say good luck renting a quad. I would recomend a warrior as well. I picked up a 88 warrior for $2000 thats in good condition - it's basicly the same thing as the new ones that sell for $5000. The bike should be big enough for you and it comes with goodies like electric start and reverse. All I really do is trail rides and i find it perfect.

Good Luck!

Jeff Thompson
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 11:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would go with the 400ex. It may be a little bit of being expensive at $5699 but you will have lots of fun with it. Or I would go with the warrior or blaster. If you are about 5' 5" or so a blaster would be good if you are tall go with the warrior or 400ex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode