Warrior Problems. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 12:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Warrior Problems.

Hi, I just bought a 88 warrior last saturday - Looks like it sat for a while.
The battery was dead and the fuse was blown when I bought it. replaced both - seamed ok.

Today I was out riding, and it started raining. after a while I noticed my reverse light was on. stopped, and found myself without power to start it again. good thing my bike has a pull start also. looks like another blown fuse? (i havnt checked yet, it was pouring down rain when i got home) Why was the reverse light on? The bike was running fine, just no electric start. Whats this all about?

Another thing is when I start the bike after it has been sitting overnight it puffs out a little smoke. Just for a few seconds then it fades out. looks like burning oil. what is this caused from, and is it anything I should worry about? The bike seams to have good power, although when I changed the oil I found metal in the filter. (not to mention the airbox was filled with acorns!) I was thinking about putting some Restore oil treatment in the oil, is that ok or no no?

I like the bike though, it rides better and has more power than I expected. (last bike was 350X 3 wheeler - 3 years ago)

Also, what do I gap the spark plugs at?

Thanks for any help,
Jeff Thompson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 11:07 AM

Re: Warrior Problems.

sounds like a short in the electrical system..i owuld go over all the wires and check them out
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 03:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A shorted or loose connection in the lead wire from the reverse control, or possibly in the ground wire could be the problem as it is in many Warriors.
The smoke at startup is probably moisture condensation from sitting all night.If you plan to keep the quad, you might want to dump the sorry filter system than the Warrior still uses & replace it with the Pro Design filter kit for about $89.
I believe the plug gap is .024-.030 in.
Also the valves are likely out of spec & should be gapped also to prevent burning & restore power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

to me it sounds like you have and electrical short and that's why it did n't start and it had the reverse light on.The smoke is probably from being 14 years old or you have too much oil in the oil tank. If you have the owner's manuel you can look in that to find the gap for the spark plug. If you don't you could ask a dealer. Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode