Polaris 700 or Grizzly 660 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 01:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Polaris 700 or Grizzly 660

I am trying to decide between the Polaris 700 and the Grizzly 660. Depending on who you talk to, if they are a Polaris person, or a Yamaha person, they always lean towards whichever they own. I know they are both awesome atv's, and the Grizz is less expensive, and lighter. I guess for that reason I am leaning toward the Grizz.. Any info would be greatly appreciated. There has probably been something on here about this in the past, but I could not find anything that would help me out. Also, does anyone know if Yamaha is offering any incentives such as accesories or the winch with the 660, I have talked to several dealers, who say no, but I have had several friends who said they got deals such as winch with their 660s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 10:04 PM

Re: Polaris 700 or Grizzly 660

Make sure you also look at the Kawasaki Prairie 650
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 02:36 AM
raptor_rider

the Polairis has McFearson struts, so it has a smoother ride (not by much , but it is smoother)and Yamaha is lighter, either one, you will be happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 08:27 AM
GTA

Polaris guy here, and if I were you I'd buy the Grizz. THATS RIGHT! I said it. The 700 is not much faster than the 500HO, which is about as fast as the Grizz. the difference is, the Grizz is lighter and more agile. I hope the Polaris gods don't curse my quads now that I've said this. If all you want to do is go fast, the Kaw 650 will run away from the Grizz. But if you use the quad for what they're meant for, buy the Grizz.

I've seen what I wrote with my own eyes. Not just throwing opinions on the screen. If this were based on opinion, I would say,"...they make something other than Polaris?"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 06:09 PM
deepnsteeP

Honestly, neither of them have had much time to prove themselves. Like anything that is made to do what these machines were designed to do, it will take some time to see how well they hold up to abuse. If it were me, I think I would take a long hard look at the Sportsman HO. Seems like a pretty decent machine to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode