What can you do with a 400ex?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 04:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What can you do with a 400ex??

HI I was just wondering what type of riding you cna do with a Honda 400ex. I have alot of woods and trail around my house. I have alot of hills too. WIll a 400 be good for these? and what other kind of terrain would a 400 be good for. Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 04:49 PM
raptor_rider

Re: What can you do with a 400ex??

The 400 EX is an excelent ALL AROUND ATV you can do just about anything you want, it will be a good hill climber, trail bike and even a great moto cross racer HAVE FUN
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 05:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Will the rims hold up for fast trail riding and climbing hills or do they held really easy. I will mostly ride on trails but some with my buddies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 09:11 PM

they should hold up good
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 09:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the stock 400's rims are very strong, even stronger then the aftermarket ones in my mind. i have dented almost ever rim on ever atv i have owned, and the 400's only have skratches on them. i put holes in the sidewall of the tire before i dent the rims. don't worry about the rims at all. as for the tires they will hook up in about any conditions, very good all around tire
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know this doesn't have really anything to do with my question but please help. I heard and saw that the choke on a 400 is hid in on the carberator but my atc 200's choke is on the carberator too but I don't use it to start it. I was wondering if you have to use the choke to start the 400?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 09:01 PM

it will start easier if you use the choke when the engine is cold. it might take alittle longer to start if you choose not to use it. in really cold weather it might not start at all without choke...i know on my 300ex the choke might as well be in deepest darkest africa i have to get off the quad and squat down to find it
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 05:29 PM

We take ours everywhere - from sand dunes, to moutain trails, to rock crawling, to desert racing. Little tweaking on carb at elevation, change tires for dunes, throw the flag on the bumper for riding on Public Lands. At times wish it had a small rack to hold a cooler, but 99% of time, we are good with a small backpack and camelback of water. Great overall ride; clean it up and maintain it well. Many of the trail reports in last 12 months on SportQuad.com show our 400EX in action.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the 400 has an excerator pump, so the choke is not needed that much. a few quick jabs on the throttle and ur all set unless it is really cold out. i only had to use the choke in the winter when we had snow or was cold enuf to have it. and some people complain about how hard it is to reach, i have never really thought it was hard to reach
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 02:09 PM

well there you go! i was wrong...its called an accelerator pump though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode