The Saga begins... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Kruechief

The Saga begins...

Today the LT 250 "definately a four-stroke, definately a four-stroke" (spoken like like Raymond from "Rainman") began its transformation from abused and ignored ATV to superquad. I titsed out the airbox (so clean you could eat Surgar pops out of it), cleaned, oiled and installed the air filter. Reinstalled the rear caliper with new kevlor brake pads (after cleaning up the caliper as best I could, lots of rust on this bike making assembly very.....tedious). Unfortunately, no e-brake cable in this universe. As you all have hit on this bike was only made in 1989 and 1990 so it is a hard one to find parts for. I cleaned the front of the head off from where the poor thing was spitting oil from the exhaust due to the air filter being saturated with oil. Lets see...new plug and Vrroooom first kick. Then set the idle and she sat there and ran for a 1/2 an hour. I wish I could of got the cable then I would be riding. Rest of the afternoon spent lubing the cables and zip tieing them off the steering shaft (where they had been rubbing since May of 1989). New blue Scott grips (glued and safety wired) and I found a nice blue "De-Bruiser" crossbar pad in the clearence box at 50% off so its on there too. I also relocated the decompressor lver from the top of the bars to the underside so you can reach it with your left thumb. Tomorrow, there will be more of our local shops open so hopefully I can get the cable. I want to hurry up with this one as it's the Warrior that I am going to keep and trick abit.

Later,

Lo in Oregon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 05:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The Saga begins...

where do u live in oregon?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Kruechief

I live in Albany, Oregon. Do you live in Oregon, too?

Lo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 05:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

nope, my grandparents do, im going to visit them the 23-may 2nd, they live in salem though, im gonna go visit MPracing while im out their, i was just wondering if u lived newhere near salem. I used to live in oregon, but that's when i was like 5. I love oregon, anyone who doesn't is just weird...it's great out their.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode