Hello - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Kruechief

Hello

Hi, I am new to this forum but I am glad I found it. I have a 1999 Yamaha Bigbear, an 89 Warrior (bought last night), a Suzuki LT 250 (bought last night), a 2001 Monsoon 90 (daughters quad) and an 8? ATC 70 that is the proud possesion of my 3 1/2 year-old son Logan. Remember that name because this kid can ride lol. Ya, I know that he is a bit young to be riding by some people's standards but he has been driving a Power wheels since he was 2!!. The great part is that the bike has a throttle stop on it so I can limit his doseage. My daughter is 10 1/2 and really loves having her first bike. Sad part is that the weather up here in Oregon has turned so we are waiting.

Anywho, on the old Suzucky and the old Warnot, is there a way to adjust cam chain tension. Do I need to worry about it? All these bikes needed is a little love and I'm starting today. I got an owners manual for the LT (wow! no s--t!)which does not show valve clearance. I need valve clearences and needle clip positions for both bikes.

Any help would be appreciated and will be hopefully returned someday.

Loren in Oregon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 09:21 PM
raptor_rider

Re: Hello

welcome to the board first of all , I hope you like it , now as far as the LT it is a two stroke and has REEDS (non adjustable) as far as the warrior Im not sure but someone on this board will have your answers, once again WELCOME
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 09:21 PM
raptor_rider

welcome to the board first of all , I hope you like it , now as far as the LT it is a two stroke and has REEDS (non adjustable) as far as the warrior Im not sure but someone on this board will have your answers, once again WELCOME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 10:40 PM
Kruechief

Nope, the LT is a four stroke. I'll try and get a Clymer manual for both bikes. The Susuki needs some stuff but it was minimal (e-brake cable frozen, air filter in a lake of oil).

Thanks for the get-back,

Lo
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 01:14 AM
raptor_rider

REALY ! I have a 86 LT250 setting in my yard right now and its a 2 stroke , I didnt know Suzuki made a 4 stroke LT, what year is it?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 01:48 AM
Kruechief

It is a May of 1989 quad.
I wish it was a 2 stroke, it would be a better performer!

Lo
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 05:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

probably the big bro of the LT230, if not an LT230 period...it's def not an LT250r, they are screamers.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 02:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i am agreeing with josh., that is strainge to have an LT 4 stroke, my friend has an 89 and 90 that are 2 strokes
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 07:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've seen a lt 4 stroke as well, had one at the shop for a bit..although it might have been a 230
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 05:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

they do make an LT250 in a four stroke, but it's more along the lines of the LT230 if anything, i know what quad he's talkin about, a guy on the forum used to have one he was workin on...ktmbk, or someone like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode