What to get 400ex or 300ex - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What to get 400ex or 300ex

HI am new to atv's but I have been riding a Honda atc for about 4 years. I am looking into buying a 400ex or 300ex. I don't know if a 400ex will have too much power. I will be riding through the woods, trails, climbing hills, and some sand riding. I heard that the 300ex's tires are balloon type. Please tell what type I should get. Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 06:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What to get 400ex or 300ex

as ur name already says it get the 400ex!! if u are about 6 foot tall the 300 with be a little small for u. i have a 400 and like it a lot, no real problems and i ride it hard, as with everything once u can handle the power u will want more. i hope u pick the right one for urself, but if i were u i would go with the 400
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 08:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My first ATV was a 300EX. I loved it. Its a great trail machine. Yea, the ballon type tires dont slide as well as flat tires, but I wouldnt let that stop you from purchasing a 300. After a year, I gained enough experience riding and graduated to a 400EX. The 400 did scare me when I first got it, its pulls harder, its faster and larger than the 300, but It didnt take that long to grow into it.

Whatever you choose, youll be happy with the results. Good luck and enjoy your new machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 02:10 AM
raptor_rider

I think I would go with the 300 EX first, two resons, 1- it has plenty of power , but NOT to much for a beginer 2- when you first get a quad you find yourself getting into positions you dont realize and REVERSE will get you out(instead of picking up your ride to turn it around
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 09:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My atc does not have reverse and I really never get into positions that I really can't get out of. Thanks for the info though. I think I'm still leaning toward the 400. Thanks again
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 09:33 PM
raptor_rider

I was just thinking that if it is your first quad you wouldnt think of having to turn around in tight spaces, till your there, but if you have a quad and have ridden for a while , and are used to NOT getting into tight spaces then by all means go for the 400 it will have the power and handeling you want
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 02:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

raptor. if ur referring to the 400 not having reverse its no big problem. u just have to learn to use things to ur advantage, when i was looking at the 400 i did not like it for the one reason of no reverse but i got it and now i am fine with it, but some people might not like it as for me it just adds to the fun
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 03:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I really don't have any problem throwing the back of my Honda 200 atc around it I ever do get stuck. It weighs 314 pounds. I think the 400ex only weighs about 375 pounds.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 05:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yup thats what i do if the time comes, or ride up and down a hill wile turning if i get bored, throwing a 4 wheeler around i think is a little different then a 3 wheeler. i never really threw a 3 wheeler around so i don't know, but if u have the basics of it then i don't see a problem
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 12:01 AM
raptor_rider

I know what your saying about (its not that hard or inconvenient to turn your quad around by hand) I have a Banshee I rode for a year and a half so I know , but now that I have the Raptor and gave the Banshee to my son ,I am getting spoiled, I dont want to have to pick up the tail end of a quad unless I have to, and with the convience of reverse, I dont have to !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode