My State sucks for ATV riders (Delaware) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 12:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My State sucks for ATV riders (Delaware)

I have been ALL over the net looking for places to ride and have fun, checking the rules, etc. I've even contacted my own State Parks and Recreation Dept. and basicly I've got to leave the state or hide from the cops and ride (illegally). This sucks!!! Anyway, if anyone knows of some good "no hassle" spots within an hour or so from northern Delaware IE: MD, PA, NJ. let me know...... Thanks A Lot [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 05:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: My State sucks for ATV riders (Delaware)

come up here, i have about 1500 acres i ride on, then i can go down the road to the southern tier enduro riders land, and ride on that, i'll tell ya, that's some crazy woods right thier...i hate to hear ppl talk about how they can't find anywhere to ride...brings tears to my eyes..lol. but it's like, i can just hop on my bike n go anywhere and not get in trouble out here, it's great.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 09:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm in Jacksonville Florida and there's no place to ride here. The city of Jacksonville covers 841 square miles, so I've got to drive to ride (your state is roughly twice the size of my town). Most of my favorite riding areas are within 2 to 4 hours driving time. That's why my yard has 2 feet tall grass, cause I'm riding every weekend all weekend and my wife's cool with it. There's probably something closer, but the destination is worth the trip. I've got the sand dunes in the Ocala Nation Forest and "The Crooms" just north of Tampa.

Don't give up. Open up your search area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 09:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

start cryin josh. nj has 40000(my friend said 400000 but that sounds steep) atv's n dirtbikes sold every year n 2 legal places to ride. me n my friends run from the cops every 2-3 weeks ridin at our pit.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 05:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

a lot of people in nj have dirbikes and atvs, and we only have i legal riding area and that is chatsworth nj (600 acres or somthing like that) in the pine barrons, they are also thinking of putting a new one in west milford but the eco nazi's are flipping out.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 04:54 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Hey guys been awhile sine I've been in this forum (been hangin in the Chevy board) And I know how you guys feel, when I lived in Washington State I rode all the time, great place to off-road!!! But... All fun must come to an end. I moved to Florida and there NO WHERE to ride legally except for that crooms place and its way to far. And the riding basically would suck no rocks or mountains just flat sand and swamps... stinky stinky swamps. So I guess as long as I live in this state my days of off roading is over period... That includes trucks too.... ((runs off to cry))

Wheel on dudez! For me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Think of me sittin' in my house [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] lol
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:57 PM

I feel sorry for all you guys with no-where to ride.
Up here there's nowhere we can't ride pretty much.
They do frown on quads being riden in the downtown core, but other than that all is game. Aside from endless miles of bush to run,I also ride my 450ES back & forth to work & as a grocery getter too!
R.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 12:42 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 06:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey CodyZ71, where are you at in Florida?

I know our state is bigger than most countries, but you're not far from some good riding. Unless you're in South Florida?
Ocala National Forest has some pretty good riding, and it's 400,000 acres. You'll have to trade your Blackwaters in for some paddle tires.

Maybe I'm just used to driving somewhere to get to my riding areas. I'll be heading to north Georgia this weekend, maybe even sneak up to Tellico.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode