how tough is the new honda 250ex ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

how tough is the new honda 250ex ?

now in the sport atvs I am looking at the honda 250ex,i like that it is a shaft drive and its a 4 stroke and i was wondering if this bike is good for mud,snow,hard road,water and maybe some jumping.also is it good in cold weather starts?I don`t need a whole lot of power but if its faster than 50mph i would be happy.so is the bike for me or not??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 06:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: how tough is the new honda 250ex ?

i have not ridden the 250ex but my friend has the recon, almost the same atv just not as sporty. i like the recon, strong motor pull (sad to say no clutch), and it has the nice feature of a recoil backup starter. u can jump it a little but not going to love it if u jump all the time. and u will do close to 50mph if not 50 i hope this helps, like i said before i have not ridden the 250ex just the recon that is the utility one out of both
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you are an entry level rider, then the 250ex, as an entry level quad, may be just right for you. The shaft drive does eliminate some maintenance, however it does restrict your gearing to stock except for some change in tire size. The automatic clutch, of course, means one doesn't have to think about that in shifting, but does restrict the rider's ability to make optimum use of available power. One other item to consider at this time, at least, is the after market options for the 250ex are very limited.
One important plus is Honda's reputation for durability in all their machines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 01:53 AM
raptor_rider

like HOT SHOE said it is a good entry level ride, I talked to a guy who had one he loved it, he was doing small jumps and alot ot trails , mainly with his daughter, I got to take it for a little ride, I was suprised with the power, It had more than I thought it would, and the suspention was ok ( you have to remember I just got off my Raptor and on to it ) but none the less it road well, and YES , Honda has one of the most dependable 4 stroke engines on the planet, it is a nice ride, but I would consider the 300 EX over the 250 , just because like with everything you ALLWAYS wish you got a bigger one in a year or so, and its just the big sister of a 250EX with a chain and clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode