the best sport quad?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

the best sport quad??

I have been around the utility atvs for a while now, but i am looking to get into the sport quads but don`t how what is the best for me. I would be using it in mud,snow,water and hard packed dirt roads,it might be jumped a bit too.also would probally be used quite a bit so I want one that will last but still has a fair amount of power. I am 5`11 160 lbs so i want some that I can be confortable on with out feeling cramped. any suggestion??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 05:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: the best sport quad??

a raptor!! just go with it, no really questions u have ridden an atv before just go with the raptor
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 10:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you haven't been riding Sport Quads alot I would suggest you go with the 400EX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 12:15 AM
raptor_rider

there ya go , those are your choices, 400EX or Raptor, how much power do you think you will need?
If you dont want to do a bunch of mods in a year then get the Raptor, If you like tinkering on your toy get the 400EX that way you can tinker on it in a year or so due to it not having enough power
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

yea thanks guys I will look in to those bikes and see what is best for me and my price range,if anyone has anymore comments it would be good to hear more about what people have to say.thanks,

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bought my first quad when I was 26 years old. (three years ago) I chose the 300EX. Im 6 ft and weigh 175. I dont remember feeling that cramped. It was a great machine and still to this day, I highly recommend a 300EX to anyone. After just a year, I thought I was ready for a faster machine and traded my 300EX off for a 400EX. Ive had the 400 for just over two years and Im still quite happy with it. Oh and uh, Ive dumped just over $1500.00 into the motor in the last few months...now Im even more happier with it. lol Good luck with your quad hunting dude!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 09:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go with the 400ex it'll have lots of power for all type of riding. It jumps pretty level too so you won't have to worry about wrecking when you jump it. Since you are about 6 foot I wouldn't go with the 300ex you might feel too crampd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode