2002 NEW ATV's Comparison - Warrior or EX300 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 01:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2002 NEW ATV\'s Comparison - Warrior or EX300

I am looking for a new ride and have never been on an ATV before, but I have had much expirence on 2 wheelers. I have researched all the Manufactures, Models, Spec's, and Prices of ATV's. I have narrowed it down (I think) to either a "Warrior" or a "EX300". The 300 is (MSRP)$4799 compaired to the Warrior at (MSRP) of $4999. Looking at that, $200 bucks for an extra gear and 50 more cc's seems well worth it. BUT what about reliablity??? I've been reading past post and have seen many problems with the Warrior. Can anyone shed some light on this point for me?
My buddie who's trying to get me into riding has got a 2 yr old EX300 and many friends of his do also, So you can imagine that all I hear is how good they are. BUT I don't want to--- "settle" for the average norm!
And Yes If I had the extra $2000 I would say the hell with it and get a Raptor, so I don't have to worry about "not being satisfied" with lack of power.
Oh Yea, before anyone ask's, Mostly trail riding, jumps, sand, mud, snow, and hills. Around the DE-NJ-PA-MD area's.
This is gonna be a weekend play toy! I don't want to fix it or have to do any more work on it then necessary maint. Too many projects as it is, and I want this to have so "I CAN GET AWAY!".... if ya know what I mean...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2002 NEW ATV\'s Comparison - Warrior or EX300

I've had the 400 EX. What a gutless machine.

Get a Blaster for $3000 and have alot left over for mods. The Blaster is highly dependable and with the right changes you'll shred the mid size 4 strokes.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 11:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Of course, the ideal situation would be to ride both quads in a real world environment, not just around a dealer's parking lot. When I bought my Warrior four years ago, one deciding factor was the additional room it had over the Honda. I'm not that big at 5' 10" & 165 lbs., but the Honda felt cramped to me. The Honda, with 280cc, I believe, is a tad underpowered compared to the Warrior, especially in XC desert riding where top end would come into play. In very tight woods, the power difference would not be much of a problem. As for the Warrior's track record, I had mine for four years with virtually no problems other than normal maintenance and some self-induced repairs from getoffs. If the Raptor hadn't appeared, I'd probably still have the Warrior. Neither quad is really high tech, having been in production for many years with no major changes but that is in itself a plus since the bugs have been worked out for the most part, with the exception of the terrible air filter system on the Warrior. Easily fixed for $89 with a better system.
'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 02:51 PM

the warrior is no less reliable than the 300ex

300ex-
-engine rather gutless compared to warrior
-a new exaust system and air box mods will help power but it will still be behind the warrior
-lighter feeling, more agile in tight stuff
-on the small side so if you are shorter you may feel more comfortable on it

warrior-
-engine has good balls
-has a heavier feel, which makes it feel more planted and stable but makes takes more muscle on tighter trails
-larger size so if you are tall you will feel more comfortable on it
-i feel it is essential to replace the stock tires on it..the stock one just plain suck and the handling is worlds better with good sport tires

any other question just ask ive had both machines for a couple years
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 12:26 AM
raptor_rider

I would have to say the Warrior, its just a cut above the 300 EX , just like the 400EX is just the next step up over a Warrior
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 12:29 AM
raptor_rider

PS, if it looks like the Warrior has more probs than the 300EX acording to the amount of posts on the BBS, thats because there are ALOT more Warriors out there than 300EX's
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 05:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Three years ago, my buddy and I went down to our local dealer. We each came home with a quad. I bought a 300EX and he bought a Warrior. With both machines in stock form, they are close. If your good enough with the clutch and throttle, youll be able to out accelerate the Warrior in the first few gears. But, the Warrior will have about 3-5 MPH more top end. The 300EX is smaller than the Warrior and lighter. Being that it was my first quad, I was more comfy handling the 300EX. I felt the 300 was easier to whip around corners and I felt more comfortable jumping it as well. I owned my for a year and put a billion hours on it. I never once had a problem with it. (unlike my 400EX) My buddy still owns that same Warrior and hes never had any real problems either.

So be careful when you read that one machine "is gutless" compared to the other. Your dealer will prob be more than happy to let you test drive both machines. That way, youll know which one is right for you. Good luck hoss!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode