warrior or 400ex - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 12:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

warrior or 400ex

new rider here and am wondering if i can get some suggestions on what would be a good bike for me.

i'm 5'7" 150lbs. will be doing a combination of trail, dirt and sand riding. i would definitely love to do some jumps when i get better at riding.

my friends tell me to get a warrior simply because of the reverse. but do people get stuck that much while trail riding to warrant a reverse? does the 400ex's performance outweigh the warriors ability to go on reverse or vice versa? thanks for any input.

PLEASE, DONOT FLAME THE PEOPLE WHO SAYS ONE'S BETTER THAN THE OTHER. I SIMPLY WANT SOME SUGGESTIONS. THANX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 02:39 AM

Re: warrior or 400ex

I have ridden both. I prefer the 400ex far more. More power, WAY, way, way better handling. I love mine.
Bigbearzuk (SPODEBOY)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 08:54 AM

i personally dont think that reverse is a big deal at all. i find that the reverse lever is hard to work and sometimes just doesnt want to work. its just as easy for me to get off and pick the front up and throw it around or put my feet down and scoot. and on a tight trail if you use reverse youll just have to forward and back forward and back until you can turn it around..if you pick the front of you can turn it around quickly in a much smaller place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 06:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

go with the 400ex i have one love it, well i want to blow my motor so i can make a crazy thing maybe put a 600cc motor in it. but yeah go for the 400 i rode both before i got it and i loved how the 400 felt and everything, no matter what u get u will want more power sooner or later.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

right on. i almost bought a warrior today. 3300 for a 99 with white bro's pipe and paddles. now i'm even more confused.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 06:45 PM
raptor_rider

the 400EX is more quad, therefore you need to be a better rider, I would (if I were you) ride the Worrior that you can get for $3300.00 (thats a good price) and see how you like it! if you think its not enough then hold out for the EX otherwise go for the Yamaha. It has a bullet proof track record, good luck
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 07:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

right on. i'd love to have the z400 too but i think it's gonna be out of my league as far as prices go. thanx.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 05:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ive ridden both also. I prefer the 400EX. Its lighter, handles well and that gives me the confidence to ride the trails faster. My buddy that owns the Warrior, he prefers his warrior over my 400EX. Hes a pretty big guy and feels more at home on his Warrior. My other buddy, who has a Polaris 400 sport, says my 400EX is too light.
Ya just gotta take our two cents, go down to your dealer and check em all out!! lol
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 07:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hehe, sounds like an idea. thanx.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 02:34 PM

he thinks it being light is a bad thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode