polaris trail boss...need advise - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 08:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

polaris trail boss...need advise

Am looking for a Polaris Trail Boss for my wife to ride. Have ridden the current 325 4stroke but see the older 250 2strokes for sale used. Can anyone tell me how these compare?? I have a bike which will be used for utility, just need hers to get down trail comfortably and easily (no shifting). Is 250 quicker than 325? Did it have problems loading up without good speed?? Appreciate any info you might have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:50 AM
adam728

Re: polaris trail boss...need advise

The 250 is a great ride. My uncle had one for years, I think it was an 89. I beat on it when I was around, and it got used a lot. No problems. About a year and a half ago my grandpa got the new 325, the 250 2-stroke is faster. You know we had to test [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

The 250 doesn't load up while puttin around. It is really a great motor, durable. I work at a Polaris dealer, and 2 of the mechanics ride 250's. They like the light weight for getting around in the woods for hunting, fishing, etc.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 08:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

the 250 motor has been around for ever. And is just about as bullet proof as you can get. When i wrenched at the local polaris dealer. I only rebuilt two 250's. One was 10 years old and only had problems because a 80 year old guy had been running it for the 10 years. He never opened it up and used it on his farm and let it idle for long periods of time. The rings just got stuck to the piston. The other one i rebuilt was damaged due to the owner thinking it was a sub. I think the 250 motor came out in the 70's on there snowmobiles. So they have been tried and trued for a long time. The 250 trail boss is a light and nibble machine. Great yard and trail quad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2002, 06:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is a great machine for her! They do not load up often. You can make it go pretty fast too, (Pipe,jet kit) Enjoy and good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode