What tires on a 02 rancher 4x4? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 10:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What tires on a 02 rancher 4x4?

I would like to replace the tires on my Rancher with a 25 series tire and I will be using the stock wheels.I spend 50 to 65% of my time in mud but I do run gravel,rocks,logs,and snow.Any suggestions as far as brand But remember I am using the stock wheels and not all brands have tires to fit the stock wheels and plus I am on a budget since I am also planning on a hp kit(jet kit,Air filter,exhaust)Also I do not want to mess up the steering control to much.Any bashing will be egnored as people that just want to bash should be baned from all forms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 10:55 PM
raptor_rider

Re: What tires on a 02 rancher 4x4?

well we agree on the bashers!!!
as far as tires go I would go with bear claws, the blackwaters are to unpredictable
the bear claw are available for 9,10,11,and 12 inch wheels
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You might want to take a look at Mud Bugs as well. Excellent tire, although they are a little more expensive than bearclaws.... but once again, also available for 9, 10, 11, and 12 inch rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 07:27 PM

Mudders up here are switching from mudbugs & bearclaw to Outlaws,Vampire, & Mudzillas. Way more money, but way worth it they all say. I'm still running stock w/chains in the winter on my '01 450ES but I need new rubber soon. I am leaning towards the Mudzilla's, they look awsum on a Honda!
Lots of 350/400's running great in stock sizes. Guys going bigger than stock have the odd problem due to the size & agressiveness of the tires making things work harder.
My .02
R.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 08:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We have a set of Mudzillas (28 inchers) on one of our 500 i's at the shop .. Killer tires. But due to their cost i'd recommend the mud bugs. They're the best iv'e seen as for quality to dollar.. We have a couple sets of outlaws too, but we havent put a set on a bike yet.. I'm putting them on the 375 within the next two weeks.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

"ATV Action" March '02 had a fantastic comparison in their "mud tire shootout". Worth review. The mudzilla mentioned did rate great in mud, however terrible in all other conditions! Titan 589 M/T and ITP AT589 M/S were the only 2 which look good (real aggresive) and rated great in both mud and ALL conditions. Neither is real expensive. My new Grizzly 660 will have the Titans in a week or so on a 27 inch rim. I'll let you know how they do!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2002, 01:19 PM
GTA

I was very surprised at how much better my quad steered after switching to the bear claws. The tred pattern allows easy turning without ripping up the ground yet still do great in the mud. the above mentioned article rated the brearclaws very high, plus they were cheaper by about $10 each than the next tire in the comparison. www.chaparral-racing.com were the cheapest when I shopped two month ago.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 09:04 AM

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chaparral-racing.com>www.chaparral-racing.com</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode