Suggestions for new ATV Forum Categories - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Suggestions for new ATV Forum Categories

We are considering adding a number of new categories in the ATV section. I would like to get suggestions for the categories. Is this a good idea or bad idea?Example of categories could be one for each manufacture or could even be broken down further like Yamaha 4 Stroke Sport Quads (Raptor and Warrior). We could also have areas dedicated to 4x4 or Utility quads?

Please provide some feedback and lets all discuss this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Suggestions for new ATV Forum Categories

two stroke and four stroke categories...would this mean war?? Would ppl be barging into two strokes dissin on how their four stroke will last longer and smoke less?? utility and sport could be a good split up...different makes...do u REALLY want to go that far?? an MX section would be cool i think...ya know what i mean right, motocross with four wheelers compared to maybe a harescramble racing section...just ideas....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 06:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I feel that catagorizing by mfgrs might be a good idea and also a forum devoted to sport/performance quads as well as a forum for utility quads, both 4x4 and 4x2 in one forum. Another forum worthy of consideration might be one devoted to aftermarket add-ons, ie. suspension, tires, lighting, etc. Since many readers are concerned with engine & chassis modifications, this might be a worthwhile forum also. By including any or all of these topics under the general discussion forum, as well as certain other catagories that may be added later, the other page could be eliminated as duplication
I think your idea of fine tuning the site will allow readers to navigate to their chosen interests more quickly & generate more traffic as a result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 01:00 AM
raptor_rider

I have mixed emotions on this one , Hot shoe has some valid points and so does Josh, I feel that the utility section would be a good thing, and maybe a mod section, but to catagorize by manufacturers, or 2 and 4 srtoke your asking for trouble, my .02
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 01:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like the idea of new categories but we need to try not to make a four wheeler fued. 2 and 4 stroke seems like something that might do this, so maybe a sport quads and work hourse or 4X4 quads that might work. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] after reading some of the posts the 2 and 4 stroke is all ready a touchy one. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 05:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I decided to add a couple of additional thoughts in a separate post rather than edit my initial post in case you had already read that one.

I think one must tread a rather fine line between too broad a generalization and too specific a catagory in order to prevent the poster from becoming so confused that he slaps his topic just anywhere, or worse yet, shotguns it into multiple forums thereby making additional work for the administrator/moderator in removing duplicate posts.
Another forum to consider would be "racing", which could encompass all forms;GNC,TT, XC, MX, etc. Maybe a poll could help determine the interest here first.
As for the possibility of personal attacks or "flaming", that is an educational & editing problem best addressed by the administration/moderating staff ,more than a problem of topic or catagory .
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 07:48 AM
GTA

These boards are not active enough to split too many ways. I love the sport & the utility section idea.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 04:09 PM

i dont hink the board has enough traffic to divide it up by manufactuers...but a sport/utility divide might be good
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:34 PM

Sport/Utility should be enough for now, sounds good to me.
R.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 09:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think new rooms would be great. I think you should consider making a "bashing" room though. This way, the kiddies could use this room to fight back and forth on the subject of "honda sucks, yamaha sucks, etc."; That way, the punks can be maintained in just one room and not spread all over the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode