Blaster...Big enough? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:07 AM
GTA

Blaster...Big enough?

I'm in the market for a smaller sport quad. It seems the Blaster keeps coming up in my price range. I want something the kids will enjoy without getting thrown off by huge power.
Also, I'd like to be able to take it out with some of my friends with sport quads.

I'm 6'2" & 160 lbs. Just tall and skinny. Will the Blaster keep me entertained, or will I be wishing for more power/suspension?

Go big or Go home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Blaster...Big enough?

ok, heres how it goes, my friend has a blaster, i have a 400ex, the 400ex is $3000 more, with that 3000, u can make the blaster smoke almost any new high performance 4-stroke that is almost stock, only let down is poor brakes, but overall its a good machine for the money and great for kids, if you are looking to ride with your friends and they have sport quads, you will have to sink about 1 grand into it to make it performance ready, cya and goodluck

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 12:24 PM
GTA

Thanks. Anyone else?

Go big or Go home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 04:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think the blaster would be a little small for u if u go riding with friends. i am not even 6 foot and when i ride my friends i can't turn the handle bars lock to lock because my legs are in the way. the blaster has a bunch of power for such a small machine, but my guess is that if u took it for a long ride with some friends u would get tired of it, but ur kids might like it because it is small enuf and really pritty quick. best of luck

security is mostly a superstition. it does not exist in nature. life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 04:31 PM

yeah i think it might be physicaly small for you..im 6'3 and the 300ex, which is larger than the blaster is too small for me.

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 05:54 PM
raptor_rider

as you probably know I have 2 Blasters, theyb are easy to ride for the kids , you will have to put a little money into it if you are going ot keep up with a 400 EX all day but it WONT be a grand , more like $500.00, I'm going to put the toomie B1 kit in one of mine, I have wheel spacers in it already, that helped a bunch, I am 6ft. 210lbs and I love taking the little things for a ride , they are light so you can throw them around easy, they are short so they wheelie easy and the suspention will handle quite a bit of abuse, the worst thing about them is the rear brake cable gets gummed up easy and makes the brakes hard to apply or they stick, thats the only thing I dont like about them

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 08:01 PM
GTA

hey thanks for the detailed feedback Raptor. the guy said he's just redone the whole bike. Even repainted the frame. It's been bored, stroked, and ported. It has an FMF and two sets of wheels & tires.

Go big or Go home!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 12:56 AM
raptor_rider

If this little Blaster has all that done to it , its ready to ride, you will kove it!!!

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 12:56 AM
raptor_rider

If this little Blaster has all that done to it , its ready to ride, you will love it!!!

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 12:59 AM
raptor_rider

what year is it and how much is he asking?

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode