raptor or not? need advice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

raptor or not? need advice

looking to buy 1st atv's. Have been riding sleds aggresively and am afraid I will be disapointed with 4wh performance. For this reason, will probably buy 2 machines, one for perf and one for work. Looking at Raptor and Sportsman 500 or 700. Have heard the Grizzly 660 will kill both birds but find this hard to believe. I hear Raptor is king and need to know if this is true. Thanks for your advice, tired of listening to dealers "opinions"!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 08:48 PM

Re: raptor or not? need advice

i would look into the banshee..it will have the awsome powerband hit like a sled and can me modified to haul absolute balls

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 11:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You need to first decide what, where, & how you plan to ride your performance quad. For example, if you intend to focus on dunes, MX, or wide open terrain a Banshee will certainly fill the bill. If you intend to ride tracks, tight trail, XC, and MX, then the Raptor does any or all that plus dunes if given the right modifications such as tires, axle, A arms, etc., the same as the Banshee. If you concentrate on racing exclusively, look at the Cannondale models also.
What's your pleasure?
I ride a Raptor on tech.trail, XC, and woods. None better for me!

WANT TO KEEP YOUR RIDING AREAS OPEN? JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION ONLINE @ www.sharetrails.org

The Atv Zone
http://www.thesitezone.com/atv/index.php

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 12:06 AM

I ride a 94 banshee that has a few tricked out parts....and I ride it in the wide opens...and on the MX tracks and I hold my own just dandy....the raptor however...will be my next ride....i like the feel of it and well...im gettin old...ahahhahha

raptor or shee....and yes the grizzly is a nice ride....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 08:34 AM
cleartoy

Ive owned 93 Banshee, now 99 YZ 250. My next quad will be Raptor. It has alot of nice features.

-cleartoy
85 xtracab 4x4(FOR SALE)
94 std cab 2wd
99 YZ250
Got sand?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ride a Raptor and I love it. I have rode just about everything out their and I have not found anything better then the Raptor. If you can only buy one the Grizzly 660 is a sweet ride. It wheelies and rides like a sport bike but it is heavy so dont expect to keep up with the Raptor.

Yaaah they come to Roost the Rooster oh yaaah, yaaah but he ain't goanna die, he rides the Raptor yah, OH Yaaaaaaah, and he is goanna fly.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 05:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will be riding primarily snowmobile/atv trails and 2-track roads. Will Raptor dissapoint after riding agressive snowmachine?? Will all atv's dissapoint vs. snowmobiles?? I'm afraid of a $6000 attempt to fill a need for speed that will fall short. At this point, strongly leaning towards Raptor. (Like the 4-stroke dependability vs. 2-stroke).

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 07:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what is this 2 stroke dependiblity thing? ive had more problems w/ my 4 strokes than 2 strokes.get it jetted rite and you are ready to go. id get a banshee if i were u.

twist n go
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 12:08 AM

ok first off...if you are going to compare to a sled...then say that...a raptor is a great ride and is the best all around machine in my humble opinion...ok..some say not so humble....however...
if you are trying to fill the need for speed that you can get on a sled....you will need a modded raptor or a banshee....I ride the banshee and its a great addrenelien rush....and the raptor is awesome as well..just in different ways...it all depends on what you want and how you want it...

2 strokes are no less dependable then a 4 stroke..unless the mechanic working on them is a complete moron with no commmon sense.

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 01:01 AM
raptor_rider

I own BOTH a Banshee and a Raptor, I think that if your going to stay on groomed trails, logging roads, and flat dirt roads, and are used to a 2 stroke sled , your going to be better off with a piped, and jetted Banshee, it has an awsom power band, that will give you that (hold on ) feel of a sled , and because of the power band kicking in like it does, it spins tires easier, so power sliding is easier

If your like me and plan on jumping, climbing , trail riding and yes groomed trails, the Raptor is awsom, it has better suspention, so it rides more comfotably, it can be widend so it corners better than a banshee and it has electric start with reverse

I have both and have very little desire to get on my banshee anymore, I ride my Raptor, it has more all around uses

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode