Which oil is the best??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 09:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which oil is the best???

I was wondering what everyone uses for oil?
I have a 2000 Honda foreman ES and the owners manual says to not use any synthetic oil as it may make clutch performance a problem and it has no better protection than the standard honda 4-stroke oil. My father-in law says that this is not true and runs Mobil fully synthetic in his Honda. He hasnt had any problems with any thing so far (been running it for about a year now )but will he down the road? I want the best protection i can get for the motor being that we run them pretty hard all year round--winter summer. Any advise or experience with this is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 12:34 PM
GTA

Re: Which oil is the best???

Synthetic is always a safe subsitute. If you don't have to change it more than the regular intervals, try to get Amsoil. It is #1. I use Mobil 1 in almost everything I own. even my lawn mower. Mobil 1 is easy to find and cheaper. In my polaris I use Polaris oil b/c it does seem to have a different formulation. it looks and smells different from other oils.

Go big or Go home!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 11:41 PM

Re: Which oil is the best???

OK...as for oils...most oil comes from the exact same place...as far as which brand is better then which...that is a wasted arguement...bottom line is...the cheap napa oil or champion brand oil is the same as mobil or valvoline...just bottled in a different bottle.

I use whatever is onsale for my vehicles, but for my =shee...i use nothing but yamalube...because i have never had a problem with it and i dont feel like chancing it. My sleds also run on the iol by the manufacturer....
Good Luck on whatever you decide....
oh and for amsoil...I didnt care for it at all....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode