New Honda Foreman S 450: Opinions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 02:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Honda Foreman S 450: Opinions

Hello all. I'm new to 4 wheeling and just purchased a Honda Foreman S 450. I put 65 miles on it this weekend. I'm very impressed with it's performance. Anything special I should know about this bike from others with experience? Opinions on its performance? I'm new to this so any general input about 4 wheeling is welcome.

Yes, I've already ordered a Warn 2000 lb wench for the front. I'll be using this bike for hunting in Miss., trail riding and use on sandy creek/river beds.

Thanks for the input.....David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 02:30 PM

Re: New Honda Foreman S 450: Opinions

its not a bad ride....just learn the machine before ya get carried away....and wear a helmet!!!!! I wish you many years of fun riding and excitement on the trails...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 04:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the reply. Will do on the helmet. I was just thinking to myself how much those racks would hurt if I flipped and one landed on my head or anywhere for that matter. Thanks....David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 05:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

u wouldnt feel much..........ud be dead

WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY PLEASE THROW AWAY YOUR constituions!
P.S. NJ BLOWS
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Bull, I just got the Foreman ES a couple weeks ago, same thing as the S but with the electric thumb shift. I love mine, but it's not a "go-fast" trail runner like some of these boys on this site love. I use mine for snowplowing, scouting for turkey & elk, and firewood. I love riding the trails on it, but I don't go faster than about 30. The thing is plenty powerful, fun to run around in, and goes whereever I point it. I've also heard the Honda's are very reliable too. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 10:30 PM

hey cabinfever?...not ALL of us are boys....I am far from a boy...and I LOVE the fast ride....heh...boy....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 11:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cabinfever

Thanks for the reply. I love this bike as is, but of course I'll have to add some mods. I've got the HL Lift kit arriving today. I'll let you know how that works. I don't get into the deep stuff too much but my riding buddy has a 350 4x4 Rancher with 26" Mud Monsters and he always challenges me to go through the baddest looking mud holes and water holes around. Of course I'll have to out do him in my bigger 450. The lift kit should put me about 9.2" up. He will have about 10.7" so I'll have to make the horse power work for me. I still get him in the sand and thick deep mud because of the Foremans superior horsepower.

Speaking of horse power, my Honda dealer says he has a new muffler that will give the 450 3 more horses for $160. I may try that after reseaching the pipe.

26" Gators will be added when the stock tires get used up. Let us know if you add mods and how they work out.

David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode