advice on first quad - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 10:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

advice on first quad

Alright, i am lookin for a quad i can get used for around the $3,000 mark...preferably under that since im only 16 with not a large bank account=) im about 5'6 145lbs and im lookin for a 2x4. i have very little experience with 4wheelers...only riden around with friends a bit on theirs. also once i get the hang of it i will probobly mod it some to up the power. its fairly flat where i live (delaware) and i will most likely be ridin fields and wooded trails. so what im lookin for would be somethin fast, fun, reliable, and the potential to easily run with quads such as a 400ex. all advice and input are greatly appriciated! thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 12:48 AM
raptor_rider

Re: advice on first quad

the 400EX is for more the intermediate to experienced based quad, it is easy to ride and has lots of room for improvement on the power side of it , but if you are looking for a less expensive quad , you may find the EX is out of your price range, I would suggest you look for a used Warrior, it will be easier to ride and cheaper to purchase , yet it will run with the EX with some mods done to it, and it has reverse, BIG PLUS

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 01:23 AM

i totally agree with that consensus....the warrior will be a better quad for you for starting out...heck, I want one and I have a banshee...what does that say? heh...of course I am trying to score a raptor now too...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 03:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the advice.....actually a used warrior was my top choice=) another quick question, what about the blaster? ive heard it can be made pretty quick and the sound of a light quad that i can toss/slide around sounds quite fun...and would the $ i save going with the blaster be able to bump up the quickness to keep up with the likes of the 400ex. or should i just stick with lookin for a warrior?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 04:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

blaster r very light and small. don't get me wrong they are very quick for there size. u would out grow a blaster ver quickly and u would regret even buying it. they have a lot of aftermarket out there for them, but i would go with the warrior! i am 16 and have ridden blasters and they r fun to play around on but they r that a toy, nothing u would like for size and comfort. with the money u have saved could get u a nice used blaster and have lots of work done to it but i don't think it will ever be able to keep up with a 400EX. the warrior, blaster, 400Ex are all nice atv's i have ridden them all. i have a 400 and like it a lot, but as i noticed whatever u get u will always want to make it faster. best of luck finding a atv and welcome to the atving world best of luck riding also.

'99 Chevy Tahoe Sport with hypertech, hotchkis sway bars, air raid intake, and flowmaster race muffler.
'89 Chevy K-5 Blazer (fullsize) stick, custom paint, 33" BFG A/T KO, flowmaster race muffler
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 04:36 PM

stick with the warrior...the blaster, although fun, would be quickly outgrown...the warrior is the best bet for you...

AirBorn!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 12:29 AM
raptor_rider

I have 2 Blasters, and as Z71 said they are just a toy, I love playing on them (for about 10 min.) then its time to get on something with real power like my Banshee or Raptor, stick with your gut feeling, and get a Warrior, you'll be glad you did

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 02:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks a ton for all the advice, also what would be a reasonable price for a used warrior? i saw a 98 warrior around here in good condition for $3,200 but was sold i believe

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 08:34 PM

where do you live? im in new york you want mine??

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 10:47 PM

how much ya sellin it fer war?? I have been known to do crazy things...heh

AirBorn!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode