problems with raptor - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 11:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

problems with raptor

I know its a merciless predator that likes leaving its opponents in the dust,but I here they've been braking down and Yamaha™ won't fix them.Hey Raptor Rider,do the Raptors™ have a clutch on the handle bars or no?

Hondas rule,can't argue with that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 11:35 PM

Re: problems with raptor

yes the raptor has a clutch on the bars. it is set up like any regular quad....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 12:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think many of the problems with the Raptor ocurred with the early production quads in the first year. Also a lot of the problems I think were self induced by poor riding habits and/or maintenance. I've had my 2001 since last March and have had no breakage unless you count a bent axle as the result of coming out of a corner & smacking a 3 ft. Ponderosa pine log sideways. I ride quite hard every
sat & sun, in fact did a 28 mile fairly technical loop today. Very rocky, tight turns, much shifting,quite fast, and we do this all the time so I don't baby the bike but don't abuse it either.

WANT TO KEEP YOUR RIDING AREAS OPEN? JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION ONLINE @ www.sharetrails.org
<font color=red> "When in doubt, gas it!"</font color=red>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 12:57 AM

i would have to concur....the 01 we ride in the summer runs from sun up to sun down and gets beat to hell and back and we have had only one prob...yamha fixed it without question...the dealership sucked...but yamaha was cool with it...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 09:39 PM
raptor_rider

I'm with the other guys hear, I ride the heII out of mine , blew the trans up , Yamaha fixed it even out of warantee, I ride mine hard , and it keeps on ticking, and mine is one of the earlyest out there , the serial # is 2031 so I would have to say mine is one of the first!!!

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 12:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We'll see about having problems. I just picked up an 02 Raptor on Saturday. Man, talk about a blast. That thing is flat out wild. Its gonna take some getting used to though. It was kind of a spur of the moment type thing, but I needed something to ride while the street bike was 'under the weather' and saw the Raptor while I was at the stealer. Mean looking!

'02 Raptor
'98 Vmax

Peace, Love, Empathy ... and Kentucky Bourbon!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 01:43 AM
raptor_rider

Right on bud , WELCOME to the club, now the big thing you will want to do is get a pipe, jets and widen the thing, I have done the homework and the GYT-R pipe works as well as ANY out there but you have to jet it , I had the best luck with DYNOJET, bolted right in not a hitch, they also tell you how to modify the airbox lid, as far as an axle I run the RPM Dominator love it , it made a BIG diferance, have fun with it and we will talk at ya later

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 12:37 PM
GTA

No(tm) they have the clutch(tm)on the gearshift handle(tm). Just like a shifter cart(tm) or a top fuel dragster(tm)or an indy car(tm).

Go big or Go home!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 09:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Uh, Shifter on the GEARSHIFT HANDLE?! What Raptor are you riding....? The Raptor we own certainly doesn't have a gearshift handle. The 2001/2002 Yamaha Raptor is a high performance quad, not a utility one as in your picture. Maybe there's a model out there from a Mfg with similar name, but they are NOT the same beast.

---
2000 Honda 400EX - 2001 Yamaha Raptor - 1999 Honda 300EX
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 12:56 PM
GTA

Thanks for clearing that up. The previous post was a joke. There is no quad with the clutch anywhere but on the handlebar. This was my sad attempt to raz HondaBoy.

Go big or Go home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode