Stop cuttin on Hondas dude - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 08:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stop cuttin on Hondas dude

They don't put crappy engines in frames.There actually pretty good and I think that Dshutt should tke the battery out when he is done riding,Ido that to MY UN-crappy honda and it runs firne and I have no problems starting it.I get on.Hit the electric start and off I go.

Hondas rule,can't argue with that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 10:47 PM

Re: Stop cuttin on Hondas dude

dude the 300ex and 400ex are underpowerd..even the 250r wasnt as fast as the other 250s i really hope honda grows some balls and puts the crf450engine in a good frame

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 10:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You kill me warrior, run a tecate, lt250r, and 250r, see what happens...250r's are inDEstrucible dude....and hella fast.

<font color=red>it's ALL good</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 01:53 PM

hmmm...maybe if Honda put a decent motor in their new toys they would not need to be all cut up...the 400EX and 300EX are chump machines at this point...COMPLETELY underpowered....

the 250R was a great machine...too bad honda was such a punk ass company and had to stop making the 250R for fear that they may get sued again...Yamaha didnt stop...imagine that....ya wanna show ya got balls? RIDE A YAMAHA!!!

this is coming from a former Honda man....

and by the way...what the hell was carmichael thinking...going to honda?? now look he cant even place in top 3...HAHAHAHA if that dont show honda sucks...i dont know what does....dang and I thought Kawasaki was questionable...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 07:15 PM

i wasnt saying they are slow by any means im saying that the tecates abd lt250s had more power...i wouldnt mind a 250r in fact im looking to get one sometime

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tecate too narrow, suzuki fall apart too quick...banshee's do rule, i really like yamaha, but am not gonna say honda sux...

<font color=red>it's ALL good</font color=red>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 12:58 PM
adam728

What Carmicheal was thinking was "Future Career". You can't race motocross forever at a professional level, but Honda has all sorts of good stuff he can transfer over to in the future. Like CART racing, street bikes, all sorts of stuff. Where could he have gone with Kawasaki?

You can't blame anything on the bike at that level of competition. Everything is custom tailored/made to the rider's preferences. Everyone is always taking it up a notch in motocross, maybe Ricky is falling behind? Maybe he hasn't put in enough track time to figure out what setup to run. Anyway you look at it, it is VERY hard to just say "Honda's suck cause Ricky can't win now."

85 SR5, hey that rhymes!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 01:42 PM

no...ur right...Honda sucks just cuz they are not made with the same quality and heart that they used to make them. Look at the quality from today to 10 years ago. Yamaha has maintained, maybe they should have modified a few things, but they chose to not fix something that is broken. You are also correct, Honda does have more benefits, but carmichael is a young kid still, and you are correct that they are all tailormade for them, that leaves it to either carmichael does really suck as a rider, his mechanics and bike prep people suck, or Honda doesnt have what it takes to be on top. How is that for thought...

sheeesh this was meant to be a lil jab in the ribs...do we really want to go into the honda sucks argument? We have been there done that...maybe you should read past posts....

AirBorn!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 03:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

lets not go onto how honda sux, look at kaw. they have nothing for sport atv's.. ok i might give u the mojave but that thing sux period. yamaha has come out with great stuff also, but they do nothing to the "shee" one of the best atv's ever made... maybe if they made it a little better, or fixed a few problems it would be the best atv ever made. if u look at the pro atv riders they ride frames that r based on the "R", if u look at the motor... they have anything in there from the 250-yamaha 426. the zuki, has made some great atv's also look at the zilli, man no one has come close to that a 500 2 stroke, the 250 was not bad but could have been better. so every Co. has made a good machine in its day but none of them kept making them like yamaha and honda... and zuki is coming out with there 400 but the world wants more then a 400 now adays.

'99 Chevy Tahoe Sport with hypertech, hotchkis sway bars, air raid intake, and flowmaster race muffler.
'89 Chevy K-5 Blazer (fullsize) stick, custom paint, 33" BFG A/T KO, flowmaster race muffler
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 08:31 PM

well look at the history...honda DID stop making them for a long long time. Better give yourself a history lesson...Yamaha kept making the 4 wheelers even after the lawsuits from the 3-wheeling world...Honda stopped making ALL OF THEM except the dirtbikes....so no...Honda does suck for turning their back on us...PERIOD

AirBorn!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode