i declare jihad on elictric start - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

i declare jihad on elictric start

maybe i have bad luck with electric start but between my two e start quads something is alwasy wrong with the electrical system....i have been rebuilding the 300ex over the past couple months and have finally completed it one of the new parts was a new battery..but guess what it wont turn over now!...it did 3 weeks and to make it worse we tried to jump it with a car and it would turn over then!!!! ahhhhh!!!

so anyone else have problems like this or is it just me? im on my 2nd battery on the warrior and the 3rd on the 300ex. the warriors battery has randomly died on me 5 mins. after it just started and then randomly started to work, its had a discreat wire pack get cut through by something which took me forever diagnose and to find and now the 300ex on a fresh battery wont start...im getting frustraterd with e start becasue seriorsly every 6 months one of the machines electrical systens takes a dive...

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: i declare jihad on elictric start

there are a couple solutions.1)you can take it to your dealer and have them put a new system in it for like 300-600 dollars.2)buy new battery and cables.3)best thing to do is bring both batteries inside when you are done riding or it will wear out faster.Believe me,one of these solutions has to work,my old scrambler 90 would'nt flip,bought a batt. charger and charged it inside for a day,after that I brought the batt. in every night when finished riding and no problems after that.

Hondas rule,can't argue with that
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 02:26 PM

ok...check the battery and see if it still has a charge...if not...then you have a short in the wiring harness causing the battery to have a hard drain on it...

if the battery still has a charge....then you most likely have a partially broken wire that is not passing all power from the battery...

either way I think you will find a bad wire somewhere....start by checking the battery to see if it still has a charge....

good luck

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 10:14 PM
raptor_rider

to see if there is a draw on the syst. 1- make sure there is a charge in the battery 2- disconect the neg cable 3- put a test light between the neg. post and the neg. cable, if the light lights up you have a draw that hase to be found otherwise do as Airborn said, and look for a broken or corroded wire not letting enough amps through the wire (or loose conection) (or bad/painted ground)

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 10:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea honda boy, that sounds like fun. Take the battery out every time you ride. NOT. Another way to test for a short is remove the negative cable and lightly touch the cable to the neg post on the battery. If you see a spark there is a load on the battery. Sometimes its best to do this test with very little light so you can see a small spark.

'85 Quadracer
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2002, 07:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree with you....my warrior, it seems every few months, the electrical system just dies. ive taken it to the dealrer, but it happened so much i jsut do it myself, going through a lot of the components, battery, solenoid, and wiring. it sucks. oh well. my .02

88 chevy 1500, 3" body lift, 33's
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

yeah i think the only logical thing to do is to sell all my eletric start machines and get kick start machines that are more reliable..and faster bwahahaha

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 10:24 PM

warr...it is probably something extremely simple....ya know i remember on the old cars many times the starter would check out ok but would have a short causing a load to stay on the battery....maybe you want to look into that?

AirBorn!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

yeah i know i just havnt been able to look into it....either that or it was cold and the battery drained fom that..i think thatt can happen right?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 08:44 PM

yes that can happen...but that usually is because there is another problem to begin with....

AirBorn!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode